Author Topic: What kind of camera(s) do you use for your lighting-pictures?  (Read 12195 times)
A2ZAlarms

View Posts
View Gallery

UCn-UWLJRLZh8NA46vkc1jSQ A2Z Alarms
Re: What kind of camera(s) do you use for your lighting-pictures? « Reply #15 on: February 17, 2020, 08:52:32 PM » Author: A2ZAlarms
I just use the camera on my iPhone 10R now. I also use my iPad camera now. Modern phone cameras are good enough for taking pictures of lighting IMO. Here is an example of photos from the 10R

I don't dislike High quality led lamps, but vintage usually wins.

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich, Coaster junkie!

Re: What kind of camera(s) do you use for your lighting-pictures? « Reply #16 on: February 18, 2020, 06:34:50 AM » Author: AngryHorse
iPhone XR, better than my proper camera!  ;D

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

Welcome to OBLIVION

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: What kind of camera(s) do you use for your lighting-pictures? « Reply #17 on: February 18, 2020, 06:59:58 AM » Author: dor123
Canon SX720HS. But planning to replace it, as it have problem with the automatic focus, and other problems.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: What kind of camera(s) do you use for your lighting-pictures? « Reply #18 on: February 18, 2020, 12:25:44 PM » Author: joseph_125
Mostly my phone camera (LG-G5) now since I have it on me most of the time. Most of the collection pics, pictures of lit lamps, and the occasional "proper" night shot are done on a Canon Rebel T3 DSLR.

Most of the pictures I end up scaling down to 1920x1080 or 3840x2160 depending on the detail required before uploading.
Jovan

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What kind of camera(s) do you use for your lighting-pictures? « Reply #19 on: February 18, 2020, 01:41:30 PM » Author: Jovan
I am using Samsung Galaxy J7 2016 to capture photos.Works quite nice.
migette1

View Posts
View Gallery

Peter

migette1
Re: What kind of camera(s) do you use for your lighting-pictures? « Reply #20 on: March 08, 2020, 02:44:26 PM » Author: migette1
Hi I use a Lumix DMC-GX8 and an old antique Lumix DMC-G1  don't ask me the technical stuff just point and take the picture. Tried cameras that turn up at bootsales as well but prefer my DMC-GX8.

Interested in the history of electric lighting and incandescent in particular and neon glow lamps.

Jovan

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What kind of camera(s) do you use for your lighting-pictures? « Reply #21 on: March 08, 2020, 03:24:41 PM » Author: Jovan
Hi I use a Lumix DMC-GX8 and an old antique Lumix DMC-G1  don't ask me the technical stuff just point and take the picture. Tried cameras that turn up at bootsales as well but prefer my DMC-GX8.
Nice.It's not so old as I thought.
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What kind of camera(s) do you use for your lighting-pictures? « Reply #22 on: April 05, 2023, 06:07:08 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Hiya, I'm reviving this old thread because I've just bought a Canon EOS 4000D with the second lens for just under 310 quid, a saving of about 266 quid.! ;D
« Last Edit: April 05, 2023, 06:19:41 PM by Mandolin Girl » Logged

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: What kind of camera(s) do you use for your lighting-pictures? « Reply #23 on: April 05, 2023, 06:14:16 PM » Author: joseph_125
Nice upgrade. Those Canon DSLRs are great for those looking for a upgrade in image quality from a cell phone camera or a entry level compact camera (point and shoot). Plus with most people moving to mirrorless, you can get the cameras bodies and lenses for pretty cheap compared to the newer stuff. Plus some of their lenses (EF) are also compatible with 35mm film SLR bodies for those looking to try film out.

Here's what I currently use for most of my photos:

-Sony A6400
-Canon G7X
-Canon G3X
-Canon SL3
-Samsung S20 phone
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What kind of camera(s) do you use for your lighting-pictures? « Reply #24 on: April 05, 2023, 06:19:13 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
I'm more than happy with it, the guy in the camera shop said that it had only taken 600 pictures and I got it for 54% of the price of a new one. 8)
Of course it's going to take ages to work out how it all works.  :mrg:

Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber

LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: What kind of camera(s) do you use for your lighting-pictures? « Reply #25 on: April 05, 2023, 08:41:41 PM » Author: LightsoftheWest
I use a Panasonic/LUMIX DC-FZ80 that I got for Christmas in 2021. It's been an awesome camera for taking pictures of outdoor luminaires.

LG's #1 North American light fixture identifier

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What kind of camera(s) do you use for your lighting-pictures? « Reply #26 on: April 06, 2023, 01:47:44 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
@ Joseph
I did have a bridge camera, and wanted something that would be a step up from that.

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: What kind of camera(s) do you use for your lighting-pictures? « Reply #27 on: April 06, 2023, 02:12:07 PM » Author: joseph_125
@Mandolin Girl - yeah that's a good upgrade from a bridge camera and the 75-300mm lens is great for capturing stuff such as light closeups. It struggles a bit with fast action such as sports or birds at least that was my experience. Takes pretty well night shots too when paired with a brighter lens.

I've been pretty impressed at the image quality from the prosumer compact cameras too. The ones with a 1" sensor are great in that regard.
wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What kind of camera(s) do you use for your lighting-pictures? « Reply #28 on: April 07, 2023, 06:20:08 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
 Still using a Nikon Coolpix A300 ! It's 20 megapixel with an 8x optical zoom .

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What kind of camera(s) do you use for your lighting-pictures? « Reply #29 on: April 09, 2023, 12:54:57 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
I've just had a shufti at the invoice I got with the Canon camera, and I forgot to take into account the UV filters that were part of the deal.  :wndr:

So I paid exactly half of the going price for the camera, and with under 600 pictures taken, it was an extremely good deal.  8)

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies