Author Topic: What did you do today lighting wise?  (Read 260654 times)
wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1410 on: July 30, 2023, 12:25:20 AM » Author: wide-lite 1000
 I picked up 6 lamps at ReStore for a whopping $5.50 !! ( 2 GE 50R20s , 2 Sylvania 70w protected MH lamps & 2 GE 1300lumen PAR-38 floods in daylight flavor .

I also made a stop at one of the local junkyards and bought a pair of wiring harness for the front parking/turnsignal/cornering lights on my 2003 Mercury Marauder . I want to modify these 2 harnesses so that I can make the cornering lights also light when the highbeams are on for more side lighting at night .

NOW , BEFORE ANYONE COMPLAINS  , these will be operating with the highbeams or turnsignals ONLY !!! There will be almost ZERO possibility of blinding other drivers unless I forget to turn off the highbeams which I rarely forget to do .

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

Alex

View Posts
View Gallery

feel free to ask questions

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1411 on: July 31, 2023, 03:41:22 AM » Author: Alex
i just picked up two short arc lamps (one xenon one mercury) and several amalgum uv-c lamp from my university.

Glück auf ⚒️

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1412 on: July 31, 2023, 08:35:22 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
I've just had the correct glass for this delivered today, so the mass light up of all the oily lampses is getting closer.  ;D :oil-ltn: :oil-ltn: :oil-ltn: :oil-ltn: :oil-ltn: :oil-ltn: :oil-ltn: :oil-ltn:  :poof:

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1413 on: August 05, 2023, 05:45:30 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
 Today I took a 120 mile roadtrip to retrieve a Steber Magnuliter flood which I found on FB Marketplace . Someone's cobbled it a bit as it has a old Sylvania 175w HX ballast and a 9/1973 Westinghouse , small etch , 250w /C Lamp all inside a 400w housing .  It'll eventually get a correct 400w MV lamp and ballast installed when I get a minute .

Photos soon .

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1414 on: August 05, 2023, 05:54:51 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
This actually happened yesterday but my Tropic Special passed the forty eight hours being litted without refuelling.  :love:  :oil-ltn: :oil-ltn: :oil-ltn:  ;D

Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1415 on: August 13, 2023, 10:10:40 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
 Today I donated 12 used F96T12/CW tubes to the local antique mall  . All were modern Sylvania supersavers and GE Watt-misers . I was given them by a neighbor a few years ago and I got tired of seeing them taking up space !  The antique mall has at least 6 fixtures that used these tubes .

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1416 on: August 14, 2023, 10:07:55 AM » Author: RyanF40T12
very sporting of you. 

The more you hate the LED movement, the stronger it becomes.

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1417 on: August 15, 2023, 10:26:36 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
 Since I don't own any slimline fixtures , the choice was to either re-home them or throw them out. I'd rather see them go to someone who would actually use them then just pitch them .

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1418 on: August 17, 2023, 10:11:14 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
I took delivery of two NOS Chalwyn Road Lanterns, these are what would have been used back in the day before reliable battery powered lanterns took over. ;D

Pictures have been taken and are here.

They are marked CCC, not sure where they were for, maybe Cheshire.?  :wndr:

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1419 on: August 18, 2023, 07:23:47 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Another day and another purchase:

This time it was a Bardic Lamp, pictures will be posted once I've got the battery adaptor.

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1420 on: August 20, 2023, 01:00:04 AM » Author: wide-lite 1000
 Today's project : I started going thru my cobra head overflow . I have several that are nothing more that scrap . All that are deemed to be junk will be stripped of any/all usable items and the rest goes in the scrap aluminum bin . Most were given to me by other collectors who were just gonna throw then back into the scrap bin they were removed from in the 1st place .

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1421 on: August 20, 2023, 07:23:51 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
 Today I took another roadtrip to pick up a pair of GE PowerFloods I found on FB Marketplace . When I asked the seller what she wanted for both of them , her reply was "Bring me a Dr.Pepper" ! So that's exactly what I did !  :lol:  Both are rather nasty and need a good bath . They currently have Advance 250w MV ballasts inside with completely fried coated ED-28 lamps . I'm gonna assume that they were originally HPS as I don't remember this size PowerFlood being available with anything MV other than a 400w .  Photos soon .

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1422 on: August 20, 2023, 07:56:25 PM » Author: joseph_125
Turns out the lighting supplier I usually go to was open Sunday so I dropped by and picked up a 6V 7AH battery for a new to me emergency light I got that still had the original battery in it which had a replace before Jan. 1995 sticker on it. While I was there I also picked up a 50w HPS ballast and on the way back I dropped by Restore and got two older Sylvania 40w tubular lamps and a 3ft wall mounted fluorescent fixture.

I also swapped out the battery in that emergency light and it seems to be ok now.

@wide-lite 1000 - sounds like a good score for those score for those Powerfloods. Interesting they were converted from HPS to MV. Hmm cobrahead overflow, I don't think I have enough cobraheads for one...yet.  :P
wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1423 on: August 20, 2023, 11:33:49 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
 95% of my "overflow" came from me doing trades/purchases from other collectors and gladly taking almost anything they didn't want or have room for . Well , the "I'll find a home for it" is starting to become "There's no room for me !"

That means that all of the damaged or former roadkill stuff , the used for target practice stuff , the horribly corroded stuff and any run of the mill hi-volt gear is going bye-bye !  If the light is usable or sellable , I'll keep it . If not , SEE YA' !!

As for the PowerFloods , I'm ASSUMING they were formerly HPS as I can find any listings of the P-400C being anything but 400w MV/MH or 250w or 400w HPS .  Making a 400w MV lamp fit would require moving the socket to the other set of mounting holes , both of which have never been tapped !

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1424 on: August 22, 2023, 01:23:32 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Fired up our Powergroove tube, it was a bit of a lash up, but we  bought the correct ballast to run on our inverter and thanks to Tim we have the correct lamp holders. :a_fluor: 8)
Ria will post pictures later.  :bulbman:

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies