Author Topic: Is this guy on LG?  (Read 16977 times)
HomeBrewLamps

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Is this guy on LG? « on: January 24, 2020, 01:04:46 AM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
https://youtu.be/6CzCF1P25Jc

Is this guy on LG? He seems to have a decent lamp collection.

He got mad when I said it is bad to operate Sox lamps base down.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2020, 01:06:47 AM by HomeBrewLamps » Logged

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich, Coaster junkie!

Re: Is this guy on LG? « Reply #1 on: January 24, 2020, 02:08:29 AM » Author: AngryHorse
He does indeed have a cool little collection, but this guy really needs to do some lamp research, how many faults do you spot?............

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

Welcome to OBLIVION

Danny

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Is this guy on LG? « Reply #2 on: January 24, 2020, 06:22:58 AM » Author: Danny
If he is going to get mad when people try and help him, Probably best left where he is!
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Is this guy on LG? « Reply #3 on: January 24, 2020, 11:31:03 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
We couldn't bear to watch that poor SOX lamp being murdered...  :'( :'( :'(

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Is this guy on LG? « Reply #4 on: January 24, 2020, 11:36:23 AM » Author: Rommie
The ballast boxes look reasonably well made, but what on earth possessed him to run SOX base down..?  :o

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich, Coaster junkie!

Re: Is this guy on LG? « Reply #5 on: January 24, 2020, 04:12:00 PM » Author: AngryHorse
What possesses him to refer to the SOX as the low pressure ‘SODIUM’  bulb...., er....,lamp several times, then say there’s mercury in the end of it??????????
« Last Edit: January 24, 2020, 04:14:01 PM by AngryHorse » Logged

Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

Welcome to OBLIVION

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Is this guy on LG? « Reply #6 on: January 24, 2020, 04:14:33 PM » Author: Rommie
What possesses him to refer to the SOX as the low pressure ‘SODIUM’ lamp several times, then say there’s mercury in the end of it??????????
We didn't get that far, as soon as we saw the lamp running like that, we closed it down very fast  :o

Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich, Coaster junkie!

Re: Is this guy on LG? « Reply #7 on: January 24, 2020, 04:27:02 PM » Author: AngryHorse
Oh you just HAVE to see all of it, mmmmm, yeah, also the ‘maths’ doesn’t include gear losses!
Now I can’t blame him for being a newbie, and having an interest, but I read lots of books first BEFORE I got any actual lamps many years ago, but what he said to Owen is a bit below the belt for a new guy!

Welcome to OBLIVION

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Is this guy on LG? « Reply #8 on: January 24, 2020, 05:15:44 PM » Author: Rommie
Oh you just HAVE to see all of it, mmmmm, yeah, also the ‘maths’ doesn’t include gear losses!
Now I can’t blame him for being a newbie, and having an interest, but I read lots of books first BEFORE I got any actual lamps many years ago, but what he said to Owen is a bit below the belt for a new guy!

Did you see his reply to mine on Youtube..? Last time I'll offer him advice  ::)

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich, Coaster junkie!

Re: Is this guy on LG? « Reply #9 on: January 24, 2020, 05:18:07 PM » Author: AngryHorse
No, where’s that?, he seems to have deleted Owens, do you have a copy of what he said?

Welcome to OBLIVION

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Is this guy on LG? « Reply #10 on: January 24, 2020, 05:20:34 PM » Author: Rommie
No, where’s that?, he seems to have deleted Owens, do you have a copy of what he said?
For some reason you have to be logged in, but he said basically it's my lamp I'll run it how I want..! Basically told me to mind my own business..! Ok fair enough, last time I'll comment on anything of his  :-\

HomeBrewLamps

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Is this guy on LG? « Reply #11 on: January 24, 2020, 05:23:12 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
I can still see my comments on his video. I don't know if he actually deleted them or if you just need to be logged in to view them.

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Is this guy on LG? « Reply #12 on: January 24, 2020, 05:25:39 PM » Author: Rommie
I can still see my comments on his video. I don't know if he actually deleted them or if you just need to be logged in to view them.
The only comment I can see from you is the one asking if he's on LG. I couldn't see my comments once I'd logged out, I had to log back in again. But basically he said the same thing to me as he said to you.

He's certainly not out to try and make new friends  ::)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2020, 05:28:47 PM by sox35 » Logged

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich, Coaster junkie!

Re: Is this guy on LG? « Reply #13 on: January 24, 2020, 05:28:07 PM » Author: AngryHorse
Well, if you don’t want to pull all your hair out Ria, don’t watch his 35 watt SOX one!  ;D, but it seems his rig isn’t his fault, built by Sheffield university, who also must have run it for a few hours looking at the state of the lamp!!, I don’t think you’ll be too impressed!

Welcome to OBLIVION

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Is this guy on LG? « Reply #14 on: January 24, 2020, 05:32:56 PM » Author: Rommie
I couldn't help myself, I took a quick look at a few stills, that poor little SOX lamp  :'(

If that box was built by a university, I'm certainly not going to recommend studying lighting engineering there to anybody  :o

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies