Author Topic: What kind of bulb?  (Read 1830 times)
itfitz
What kind of bulb? « on: March 12, 2009, 09:36:23 PM » Author: itfitz
Hi folks, first post here, I have an old westinghouse street lamp and the bulb is busted and the metal lable on the inside is really about shot. I can get a little info off of it but not the bulb type, It is a RMA-10 LC model ... VA 400.....volts 120....cycles 60....and that is about all I can read on it. Could someone please help with what kind of bulb and the wattage...
thank you in advance, itfitz
TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: What kind of bulb? « Reply #1 on: March 12, 2009, 09:41:51 PM » Author: TudorWhiz
sounds like a 400 watt Mercury Vapor fixture...a rare one also I believe! Nice find

For pictures of my streetlight collection and other streetlight pictures with some various pictures that are not in this website, please visit http://www.galleryoflights.org/  under GullWhiz

Administrator of Galleryoflights.org

itfitz
Re: What kind of bulb? « Reply #2 on: March 13, 2009, 08:25:15 AM » Author: itfitz
is it worth fixing or should i just trash it? it was just an extra laying around an old barn.
thanks, itfitz
TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: What kind of bulb? « Reply #3 on: March 13, 2009, 09:23:49 AM » Author: TudorWhiz
Why don't you show a pic of it....someone may.be willing to take it or even buy it and actually fix it as a hobby....some of us love to do that!

We don't really like seeing old things...and rare things being thrown away....

For pictures of my streetlight collection and other streetlight pictures with some various pictures that are not in this website, please visit http://www.galleryoflights.org/  under GullWhiz

Administrator of Galleryoflights.org

gmercury2000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What kind of bulb? « Reply #4 on: March 13, 2009, 10:58:26 AM » Author: gmercury2000
RMA sounds like it might be a barn style NEMA. Not sure the wattage though. The ones I have are 230VA. Like Jace said a pic would be great if you can! Anyways is it just the lamp busted? If so the I would definitely just put a new lamp in it!
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies