Author Topic: Wanted: early electronic ballasts for F40T12 fluorescent lamps  (Read 933 times)
HIDLad001

View Posts
View Gallery

Alex

GoL UCwvPaxz1-rbLAjLpk55zl1A
Wanted: early electronic ballasts for F40T12 fluorescent lamps « on: September 30, 2023, 05:29:57 PM » Author: HIDLad001
Preferrably from around the 1990s.

Officially returned to Lighting-Gallery!!

Patrick
Webmaster

View Posts
View Gallery

LightingGallery
Re: Wanted: early electronic ballasts for F40T12 fluorescent lamps « Reply #1 on: September 30, 2023, 06:01:10 PM » Author: Patrick
I assume you might like a Motorola such as the M2-RN-T12-1LL-120.  Unfortunately mine both failed though I was able to get the comparable Sylvania model as a replacement.  Although not vintage, I'll note that the GE GE240PSMVN-DIYB has nice slow startup, so that might be one to keep an eye out for.  Unfortunately I don't have much in the way of extras myself, though if you have any interest in magnetic rapid start ballast for 2xF40T12, I have lots of those.

Patrick C., Administrator
Lighting-Gallery.net

HIDLad001

View Posts
View Gallery

Alex

Re: Wanted: early electronic ballasts for F40T12 fluorescent lamps « Reply #2 on: September 30, 2023, 07:15:07 PM » Author: HIDLad001
I hear that it’s commonly the capacitors in those ballasts that fail. Since they aren’t potted in resin or tar, you can actually recap them if you so desire. I do want to obtain one of those ProLine ballasts as well, even though they aren’t that early.

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: Wanted: early electronic ballasts for F40T12 fluorescent lamps « Reply #3 on: January 03, 2024, 10:38:45 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
The Motorola/Sylvania ballasts Patrick mentioned are cool .. both the 1-lamp & 2-lamp versions, as well as both T8 & T12 version.
(and various more modern GE electronic RS are nice too, plus quality seems good on them)

These Thomas - WWB-234-120-1 were one of my favorites, even though the quality wasn't good. I've never been able to find another though

These Smallwood - SEB 4H120 are another pretty nice one

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

HIDLad001

View Posts
View Gallery

Alex

Re: Wanted: early electronic ballasts for F40T12 fluorescent lamps « Reply #4 on: January 10, 2024, 09:31:09 PM » Author: HIDLad001
I also heard of another brand that made pretty early electronic ballasts called EBT/Electronic Ballast Technology. Does anyone have any experience with them?

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies