Author Topic: Did Westinghouse or Philips ever make high wattage Safety Lifeguard lamps?  (Read 756 times)
HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

Long live the HPS and SOX!

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Did Westinghouse or Philips ever make high wattage Safety Lifeguard lamps? « on: November 14, 2020, 09:17:20 PM » Author: HPS_250
I have never seen a Safety Lifeguard lamp, made by Philips or Westinghouse, in any wattage above 400w. I doubt they made a 700w version, but does anyone know if there was a 1000w version? Also, I know that they were made in 400w, 250W, 175w, and 100w, but were they made in 50w?

I’ve always been interested in all kinds of lighting, mainly incandescent and HID, and especially all kinds of sodium lamps (HPS/LPS). I’ll tolerate LED but I’m not a fan of it.
I’m not proud to say that my city has Devolved to LED.

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: Did Westinghouse or Philips ever make high wattage Safety Lifeguard lamps? « Reply #1 on: November 14, 2020, 10:02:06 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
I found out that Safety lifeguard lamps went up to 1000w but only as H36 lamps and there were NO 1000w H34, 700w H35, and 50w H46 safety lifeguards!!!!! In addition, I found out that Safety lifeguard mercury lamps also had /R and /N phosphors as well as clear safety lifeguards. You also had Safety lifeguard metal halide lamps plus there were even Safety lifeguard mercury vapor reflector lamps too!!!!!
« Last Edit: November 14, 2020, 10:09:15 PM by WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA » Logged

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Re: Did Westinghouse or Philips ever make high wattage Safety Lifeguard lamps? « Reply #2 on: November 15, 2020, 10:29:37 AM » Author: HPS_250
I found out that Safety lifeguard lamps went up to 1000w but only as H36 lamps and there were NO 1000w H34, 700w H35, and 50w H46 safety lifeguards!!!!! In addition, I found out that Safety lifeguard mercury lamps also had /R and /N phosphors as well as clear safety lifeguards. You also had Safety lifeguard metal halide lamps plus there were even Safety lifeguard mercury vapor reflector lamps too!!!!!

Wow, so they did actually make 1000w Safety Lifeguards! They must be very rare, because I have never seen one anywhere. I knew about the clear safety lifeguards, but the /N and /R lamps must be rare as well. H34 and H35 lamps weren’t used much in the 1980s when Safety Lifeguards were made, so it makes sense that those didn’t exist. I’ve never seen a safety metal halide lamp either. Thanks for the information!

I’ve always been interested in all kinds of lighting, mainly incandescent and HID, and especially all kinds of sodium lamps (HPS/LPS). I’ll tolerate LED but I’m not a fan of it.

HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Re: Did Westinghouse or Philips ever make high wattage Safety Lifeguard lamps? « Reply #3 on: November 19, 2020, 01:35:19 PM » Author: HPS_250
Did 1000w clear Safety Lifeguards exist? How about BT-25 ones of any coating or type?

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Did Westinghouse or Philips ever make high wattage Safety Lifeguard lamps? « Reply #4 on: November 19, 2020, 10:04:47 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
There were no /C and /W safety lifeguards.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Did Westinghouse or Philips ever make high wattage Safety Lifeguard lamps? « Reply #5 on: November 20, 2020, 06:56:00 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Did 1000w clear Safety Lifeguards exist? How about BT-25 ones of any coating or type?

Westinghouse did manufacture 1000w H36 Safety Lifeguard lamps with a clear finish.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies