Author Topic: Table lamp high-low lamp holder shell + key  (Read 444 times)
sol

View Posts
View Gallery

Table lamp high-low lamp holder shell + key « on: January 26, 2024, 09:33:42 PM » Author: sol
I am having a hard time finding a standard E26 lamp holder shell that has a high-low-off turn knob (the one with the diode for the dimmed level), but with a compatible brass key. The key would be one commonly found on electric hurricane lamps (or Gone With the Wind lamps, too). Here is my issue : all the lamp holders I can find online use a 6-32 thread for the switch. All the keys I can find online are 4/36 thread. I did find some keys that are 6-32, but I need to order insane amounts and they don't ship internationally. I don't want to use 3-way lamps/holders because they are too bright, and I don't want an external dimmer as to avoid cluttering my bedside table.

So, what I am looking for is either a key in 6-32 or a high-low-off lamps holder shell that takes 4/36 keys. Any leads would be appreciated.

Thanks !
joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Table lamp high-low lamp holder shell + key « Reply #1 on: January 26, 2024, 10:02:52 PM » Author: joseph_125
I wonder if there is enough material on the 4/36 brass keys to drill out the threads and re-tap them for 6-32. You'll probably need a blind hole tap to get full threads though.
sol

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Table lamp high-low lamp holder shell + key « Reply #2 on: January 26, 2024, 10:06:26 PM » Author: sol
There could be, but I don't have the tools to do that, nor do I have experience in such things, unfortunately...
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies