Author Topic: How to PSMH dimmable ballasts behave  (Read 1223 times)
mdcastle

View Posts
View Gallery

mdcastle 26956281@N02
How to PSMH dimmable ballasts behave « on: June 12, 2016, 08:49:27 AM » Author: mdcastle
How do PSMH dimmable ballasts behave. I plan to retrofit a fixture for my home office. I assume I can just use a dimmer labeled for LEDs, but it it's one where you click it on and then turn it to brighten it, what would happen if I just turned it barely on. Would it not work? Repeatedly try to start? Would it actually light dimly. I'm aware of the Lutron Controls where there's separate switches to turn on / off and set the dim level but Lutron stuff is expensive.
Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: How to PSMH dimmable ballasts behave « Reply #1 on: June 12, 2016, 08:52:17 AM » Author: Ash
I would expect that the ballasts use control signal on a separate port (1 to 10V, DALI, ..) and are not dimmed through the power input
mdcastle

View Posts
View Gallery

mdcastle 26956281@N02
Re: How to PSMH dimmable ballasts behave « Reply #2 on: June 12, 2016, 09:08:12 AM » Author: mdcastle
That is correct, the ones I'm looking at are a knob, clicking it to the right closes the mains contacts wire. Continuing to move it raises the control voltage wire from zero through 10 volts. What happens if the lamp is off and I just click it without rotating the dial, supplying power to the mains and 1 volt to the dimming input?
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: How to PSMH dimmable ballasts behave « Reply #3 on: June 12, 2016, 10:11:26 AM » Author: dor123
Digital dimmable ballasts usually waits 15 mins at 100% power to let the lamp warm-up, than operates the dimming.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies