Author Topic: How well do our pets see under our lights?  (Read 1715 times)
BG101

View Posts
View Gallery

EYE H80 Mercury Vapour

Brian TheTellyman
How well do our pets see under our lights? « on: November 24, 2013, 02:58:52 PM » Author: BG101
I was just thinking about how animals' vision may differ from ours, particularly as smaller animals may be much more sensitive to mains flicker than we are and likely have a different spectral sensitivity as well. I wonder if any research has been done into this?

My two cats seem to love the lights, the brighter the better

BG

Say NO to DICTATORSHIP in the form of bulb/tube/ballast bans !!

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: How well do our pets see under our lights? « Reply #1 on: November 25, 2013, 12:54:45 PM » Author: Medved
The flicker I don't know, but the spectrum is steered mainly by the spectral "window" in our atmosphere and water (the dominant component of the life, so the eye internal mass as well): Only the visible range contain a lot of light from the sun, while it is not yet scattered, so gives good quality vision. Because these factors are common for all the life on the Earth, all surface species have almost the same visual range (some insects are shifted a bit into the UV, but only a bit). What differ, into how many color bands it is split for color vision.

No more selfballasted c***

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: How well do our pets see under our lights? « Reply #2 on: November 26, 2013, 05:30:20 AM » Author: dor123
Snakes can see into the IR.
I can't forget the time that I used my past Osram Germany HWL 160W in the summer in my room at my mother home at Haifa, before I moved to the aspies Hostel at Qiryat Ata, and all insects being attracted into the lamp.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: How well do our pets see under our lights? « Reply #3 on: November 26, 2013, 12:32:26 PM » Author: Medved
I don't think the reptiles directly see the IR by their eyes, but rather feel the heat by the skin.

No more selfballasted c***

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies