Author Topic: What did you do today lighting wise?  (Read 261235 times)
LightsAreBright27

View Posts
View Gallery

Cheap LED Assassin

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1575 on: May 01, 2024, 08:16:17 AM » Author: LightsAreBright27
Today, I was going to get just some ignitor and starters, found out that the Shopkeeper was well versed in lighting and got all of these. My first T10, aquarium lamp, BLB MV, 840 tube and more.

@Ria
The 400w red MH is like maroon.

« Last Edit: May 01, 2024, 08:52:06 AM by LightsAreBright27 » Logged

Holder of the rare and sacred :sfl: F10T12/BL :sfl: lamps here!
Also known as LAB27 for short.
One of the only Indian members here!
245v 50Hz

Laurens

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1576 on: May 01, 2024, 03:03:44 PM » Author: Laurens
My SDW-T driver arrived! SDW-Ts give a really nice kind of light, and it's also highly unusual to see it coming out of a sodium lamp.
It does make me wish i had a bunch of the very lowest power ones, so i could use them indoors. The 100w one is very bright - though not very efficient at 48lm/w.
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1577 on: May 02, 2024, 04:51:59 PM » Author: suzukir122
Just received my FT36 DULUX fluorescent tube... one of them. I ordered two. Seller goofed.
Circling around the seller until I get my second fluorescent tube. Refund threat activated.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1578 on: May 03, 2024, 08:26:25 AM » Author: suzukir122
I received a refund on my order regarding the missing lamp, and put my 36w Sylvania to use. It's nice and bright, but the hertz flicker is a bit stronger with that lamp. This is a HPF magnetic R.S ballast for two PL-L 40w lamps... the hertz flicker is exactly like that of most F40T12 HPF R.S magnetic ballasts. With the Sylvania Eco Dulux 36w lamp in series with one Philips PL-L 36w lamp, the hertz flicker looks almost the same as if I were to install a 34w lamp in series with a 40w lamp. It's tough to explain.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

Laurens

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1579 on: May 03, 2024, 03:40:05 PM » Author: Laurens
Found out that a SON 70w will happily ignite on a 80w HPL-N ballast if you parallel a fluorescent lamp starter to the lamp. Gotta remove the capacitor from the ballast to measure the current (even without lamp it shows 500mA of current, of course with a power factor of zero), but it's likely gonna be pretty damn close to the normal operating current of the SON 70w.
icefoglights

View Posts
View Gallery

ITT Low Pressure Sodium NEMA

GoL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1580 on: May 04, 2024, 08:25:35 PM » Author: icefoglights
Installed passing lights on the bike.

01010010 01101111 01100010 01100101 01110010 01110100

Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1581 on: May 05, 2024, 02:31:32 AM » Author: Econolite03
After weeks of being somewhat inactive, I made a deal with Francis and today met with member fluorescent lover 40 to pick up more SOX luminaries along with an uncommon M-400A variant.

I have tons of stuff to share, but interest here isn’t high enough to really post them unfortunately. But that’s what I’ve been up to.

Now on Linktree

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1582 on: May 05, 2024, 09:33:36 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Not done it as yet, but we're hoping to get to Westminster and take some piccies of the gassy lampses. :bulbman: :wndr:

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

BT25

View Posts
View Gallery

Vintage HID Collector

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1583 on: May 05, 2024, 10:36:32 AM » Author: BT25
After weeks of being somewhat inactive, I made a deal with Francis and today met with member fluorescent lover 40 to pick up more SOX luminaries along with an uncommon M-400A variant.

I have tons of stuff to share, but interest here isn’t high enough to really post them unfortunately. But that’s what I’ve been up to.
Yep, this forum has become quite dull... ::)

First known case of Westinghouse Lifeguard Disease! :lol:
If you can say yes to any of the following, you may have it too: :poof:
Can't resist buying more even if you already have an example in your collection? :lol:
Bank account/CC statement shows unnecessary spending? ::)

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1584 on: May 05, 2024, 06:16:22 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
 I've uploaded several pics lately that've got little to no views , let alone comments !!

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

LightsAreBright27

View Posts
View Gallery

Cheap LED Assassin

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1585 on: May 06, 2024, 12:14:40 PM » Author: LightsAreBright27
Today, I got the rest of the lamps from the shop. My first circlines :laugh: !!!
—————————
@wide-lite 1000
I've experienced this too, only a few comments for over a dozen pictures, not even on the interesting ones!
—————————

Holder of the rare and sacred :sfl: F10T12/BL :sfl: lamps here!
Also known as LAB27 for short.
One of the only Indian members here!
245v 50Hz

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1586 on: May 06, 2024, 06:33:40 PM » Author: Rommie
I've uploaded several pics lately that've got little to no views , let alone comments !!
Way of the world, Tim, way of the world, it happens to everybody. Personally I always think if nobody looks at my pictures, it's their loss.

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1587 on: May 06, 2024, 07:08:40 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
 I know . I just can understand better why other members both past and current got irratated by it .

Today I bought another 50w CMH postline ballast from eBay . I seem to occasionally find them REALLY cheap !
« Last Edit: May 06, 2024, 07:15:27 PM by wide-lite 1000 » Logged

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

HIDLad001

View Posts
View Gallery

Alex - a fan of Jefferson Electric ballasts

GoL UCwvPaxz1-rbLAjLpk55zl1A
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1588 on: May 06, 2024, 09:29:59 PM » Author: HIDLad001
What is the ordering code for them? I wasn’t even aware they made ceramic metal halide specific ones.

If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it
HID Fixtures should stay HID, but I think LED is fine too.
Any new photos are taken with a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35!
Local power is 120/240VAC 60Hz, TV is NTSC 480i 59.94, DTV is ATSC 1.0 and simulcast ATSC 3.0.
-Using Lighting-Gallery since 2022-

Caroline

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1589 on: May 06, 2024, 11:02:33 PM » Author: Caroline
Something caught my eye in a pile of rubble, turned out to be an old bulkhead fitting, the glass was shattered but I was able to salvage the outer piece, a ceramic E27 holder and a 120 watt bulb. It looks like it was exposed to water for a long time as everything is quite rusty, and the bulb won't move, I've poured some lubricant around the holder and screws, with luck it'll do its magic during the night. The cage screws are worn out so I might have to do some extra work there in order to remove them, but overall it looks like it's fine (except for the glass) and ready for new paint and pieces.
Bulb's filament looks intact so there's a chance it still works.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies