Author Topic: Anyone have experiences with EOL behaviors of the chinese Osram NAV(SON)-E 250W?  (Read 3360 times)
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Anyone have experiences with EOL behaviors of the chinese Osram NAV(SON)-E 250W? « on: June 05, 2015, 01:28:05 PM » Author: dor123
I've noticed that this specific model of HPS lamp, behaves different at EOL than most HPS lamps. Instead of doing non-stop cycles that get more and more frequent until the lamp cycles continuously, the Osram NAV(SON)-E 250W, as seen in AEG Koffer 150 lanterns in Qiryat Ata, doing one or several "temporary" long cycles, that can reach >10 mins, in which they hot restrikes at way lower temperatures than the temperature most HPS lamps with their color, restrikes (LPS color or very dim bluish mercury color), than settles and not cycles anymore, until the next turning on.
Also, during run-up, this model at or near EOL, switch several times intermittently between orange LPS and bluish mercury colors.
Why this is happening with this specific HPS lamps of Osram? Anyone else encounter this strange behaviors at EOL of this HPS lamp?

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

All photos are brought to you by Bubby industries.

GoL Solanaceae.Keif.Fitz Keif Fitz bubby_keif
Re: Anyone have experiences with EOL behaviors of the chinese Osram NAV(SON)-E 250W? « Reply #1 on: June 05, 2015, 01:32:02 PM » Author: Solanaceae
The switching between sodium and Hg color sometimes happens with our sylvania or GE HPS bulbs in the us.

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Anyone have experiences with EOL behaviors of the chinese Osram NAV(SON)-E 250W? « Reply #2 on: June 05, 2015, 02:03:06 PM » Author: dor123
I mainly speaking about the strange "temporary long cycles" of this HPS lamp at EOL. During run-up, this lamp several times switches sodium -> mercury -> sodium -> mercury -> sodium -> mercury -> sodium and etc..., very fast until it approching full brightness, and then cycle long once or two (Or more), than settles at full brightness until the next turning on.
This model isn't available in the US market, so only members in countries that have european HPS lamps, may have this lamp.
I'm currently uploading a closeup video of this HPS lamp, cycles twice long and then settles and stop cycles.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Anyone have experiences with EOL behaviors of the chinese Osram NAV(SON)-E 250W? « Reply #3 on: June 05, 2015, 02:16:11 PM » Author: Solanaceae
Ok I under stand thank you Dor. I have seen some lamps do this as well in high bay installments at gyms here in the US.

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Anyone have experiences with EOL behaviors of the chinese Osram NAV(SON)-E 250W? « Reply #4 on: June 05, 2015, 03:04:46 PM » Author: dor123
This looks like this:
1. http://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-86702
2. http://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-109037

Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Anyone have experiences with EOL behaviors of the chinese Osram NAV(SON)-E 250W? « Reply #5 on: June 05, 2015, 03:49:52 PM » Author: Solanaceae
That's interesting, I've not seen it happen like that before. Do they sell glow bottle hps in the US? Normally our HPS use up their sodium and then go to using their Hg and fill gas, and they slowly die down to a dim blue glow.

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Anyone have experiences with EOL behaviors of the chinese Osram NAV(SON)-E 250W? « Reply #6 on: June 06, 2015, 01:47:48 AM » Author: dor123
The specific HPS lamp is for external ignitors. But it sometimes behaves during the hot restrike, as if it was an internal starter HPS lamp.

Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Anyone have experiences with EOL behaviors of the chinese Osram NAV(SON)-E 250W? « Reply #7 on: June 06, 2015, 01:51:39 AM » Author: Solanaceae
Do you know or have an idea on which brand of igniter is in the fixtures?

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Anyone have experiences with EOL behaviors of the chinese Osram NAV(SON)-E 250W? « Reply #8 on: June 06, 2015, 02:03:31 AM » Author: dor123
The ignitor may well be one of the superimposed ignitors of Eltam, as the ballasts in these lanterns, don't have an ignition tap.
Here is a closeup of such HPS lamp that I've photograhped recently.

Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Anyone have experiences with EOL behaviors of the chinese Osram NAV(SON)-E 250W? « Reply #9 on: June 07, 2015, 10:59:44 PM » Author: Solanaceae
Are those phosphors on the lamp for color correction or diffusion, dor123? It may be a faulty glow bottle or issues with gas pressure?
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 01:42:47 AM by Solanaceae » Logged

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Anyone have experiences with EOL behaviors of the chinese Osram NAV(SON)-E 250W? « Reply #10 on: June 08, 2015, 01:27:16 AM » Author: dor123
Firstly, please erase my name from your comment.
Secondly, the coating isn't a phosphor but a diffusing one. The lamp is for external ignitor. I don't know what it (And all EOL chinese Osram NAV(SON)-E), have hard starting during their cycles. I've also seen how these types of lamps at EOL after they stablized and stopped cycling, restrikes after power outages: They takes a min to restrike, like all the rest lamps inside the AEG Koffer 150 lanterns, but restrikes much dimmer than the rest lamps.

Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Anyone have experiences with EOL behaviors of the chinese Osram NAV(SON)-E 250W? « Reply #11 on: June 08, 2015, 01:45:37 AM » Author: Solanaceae
Sorry dor. I wonder why they restfrike dimmer, is it something to do with the ballasts? It might be because they're chinese. Chinese manufacturing, especially of lamps and lamp accessories has tanked.

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Anyone have experiences with EOL behaviors of the chinese Osram NAV(SON)-E 250W? « Reply #12 on: June 08, 2015, 02:53:12 AM » Author: dor123
I've seen this occurs only with this HPS lamp. With other external ignitor HPS lamps (German Osram and other manufacturers), the redder color of the lamp, the dimmer they hot restrike. EOL HPS lamps of other manufacturers and Osram Germany, restrikes at almost full brightness when cycling at sodium color. The chinese Osram NAV(SON)-E 250W, restrikes at orange LPS color. Also, unlike the rest HPS lamps with initially cycles once per hours and their cycle get more frequent, until they cycles continuously, the chinese Osram NAV(SON)-E 250W initially doing one cycle, than two cycle, than more cycles, but it always cycles only temporarily. And they usually stops working completely after some time.
I want to have reviews from non american members about these strange behaviors of this HPS lamp, as this lamp isn't marketed in the US and Canada, but only in 220-240V countries, so american members can't encounter what I've encountered with this lamp so many time.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 03:02:55 AM by dor123 » Logged

Liam

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Anyone have experiences with EOL behaviors of the chinese Osram NAV(SON)-E 250W? « Reply #13 on: June 08, 2015, 02:50:09 PM » Author: Liam
Its because there crap Dor, the Venture SON-T was doing the same around here until the street lighting department realized they were rubbish and i complained to them saying they had rubbish life's.

Now Street lighting use PHILIPS PIA PLUS SON-T and i've not seen any faults with them. If you knew the phone number or email address of street lighting i would Wright to them or phone them explaining the situation and they might switch over to Belgium PHILIPS SON lamps. 

My gallery http://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/index.php?cat=11495

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Anyone have experiences with EOL behaviors of the chinese Osram NAV(SON)-E 250W? « Reply #14 on: June 08, 2015, 03:38:51 PM » Author: dor123
@Liam: Its don't have to do with the lifespan of the chinese Osram NAV(SON)-E 250W, but just with the EOL behaviors.
I never seen a Venture HPS lamp cycling, but all of the HPS lamps that behaved like the ones in the videos I made, were chinese Osram.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies