Author Topic: Westinghouse Circlarc  (Read 2072 times)
Lightman9
Westinghouse Circlarc « on: November 26, 2014, 12:16:51 AM » Author: Lightman9
Anyone know what a reasonable price is for a Westinghouse circlarc tube and a Maxilume circlarc ceiling fixture?  There is some on eBay right now and I'm interested but don't want to overpay. Thanks for any info.
nicksfans

View Posts
View Gallery

Down with lamp bans!

GoL the.baus.of.all.bauses UCDl2EWWZc9h1IZXcfGU9OZA nicksfans
Re: Westinghouse Circlarc « Reply #1 on: November 26, 2014, 12:46:43 AM » Author: nicksfans
The fixtures certainly aren't common, but working lamps are exceptionally rare. I can only name one member here (DieselNut) who has one, but there may be someone else too. I found the fixture and lamp that you mentioned on eBay, and the BIN price for the fixture is reasonable, I'd say. The lamp is auction-only, and there's no telling how high the bids will go. Personally, I wouldn't pay more than $50 for a working lamp, shipping included, and even that's pushing it. I do know that the lamps haven't been made since the early 50s or so, and NO modern lamp is a good replacement. The closest you can get is a Circline. As you probably know, Circlarc stuff is too rare to use for lighting anymore; it really is museum material at this point.

I like my lamps thick, my ballasts heavy, and my fixtures tough.

My Gallery
Instagram
YouTube

DieselNut

View Posts
View Gallery

John

jonathon.graves johng917 GeorgiaJohn
Re: Westinghouse Circlarc « Reply #2 on: November 26, 2014, 02:41:25 PM » Author: DieselNut
I saw those and was interested in the lamps, as I only have one working one and one EOL one, but have three dual tube fixtures (similar to the one that was in the auction).  I would be willing to trade someone a fixture or two for some NOS tubes.

Preheat Fluorescents forever!
I love diesel engines, rural/farm life and vintage lighting!

RichD

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Westinghouse Circlarc « Reply #3 on: December 27, 2015, 02:56:52 AM » Author: RichD
I've never seen either the lamps or the fixtures anywhere but on LG. Oh well, just another reason to get up early on the weekends to hit the flea markets...
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies