Author Topic: what car do you drive?  (Read 38881 times)
Al_M

View Posts
View Gallery

GEC Z9464 90w SOX/LPS

Re: what car do you drive? « Reply #165 on: July 16, 2023, 01:49:15 AM » Author: Al_M
We have two cars; a 2022 Mazda BT-50 light commercial with 1.9L turbo diesel engine and a 2013 Mazda CX-5 2.5L petrol engine with AWD.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2023, 01:51:23 AM by Al_M » Logged
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: what car do you drive? « Reply #166 on: July 28, 2023, 04:10:59 PM » Author: suzukir122
Just bought a 2011 Mazda 3 today. It is, by far, the most silent vehicle I have ever driven. Easily.
It's also the smoothest *automatic* I've ever driven as well.
Pretty decent in terms of the way it looks. I've also heard some great things about Mazda engines as well.
Are the Mazda 3's deemed reliable? Or are they usually junk?

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

Al_M

View Posts
View Gallery

GEC Z9464 90w SOX/LPS

Re: what car do you drive? « Reply #167 on: July 28, 2023, 06:14:29 PM » Author: Al_M
In my experience the Mazda 3 is excellent. My parents own a 2009 one in New Zealand that was imported used from Japan (so it's actually badged as an 'Axela') and it's been faultless. Very good pickup and quietness from the 2.0L direct injection engine and 6 speed auto. You just have to excuse some of the digital display readout being in Japanese (it can't be converted to English).

I have a friend here in Australia with the same gen '3' and she had to have the throttle control solenoid or something changed but otherwise hers has also been excellent.
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: what car do you drive? « Reply #168 on: July 29, 2023, 07:30:13 AM » Author: suzukir122
That's uplifting. Not surprisingly though, the dealer kept saying "you're getting the best car on the lot," and stuff like that. haha...
but so far based on the way it drives, it does seem reliable. I want to drive to a couple different states to test it out sometime soon.
I really hope the Mazda 3 is a reliable car... more specifically, the 2011 model

Interests:
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: what car do you drive? « Reply #169 on: July 29, 2023, 03:32:48 PM » Author: Bulbman256
Mazda? I thought they made lamps. :mrg:

Good Choice though, the only bad things I have heard about Mazdas pertain to the rotary powered versions. 8)

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: what car do you drive? « Reply #170 on: July 29, 2023, 03:36:22 PM » Author: LightsoftheWest
I've heard of some issues with their transmissions. The 4-speed automatic that was used when they were operating with Ford wasn't great, and neither is the 5-speed. Even their own 6-speed still made today isn't great. The transmission and the rear end both failed on my uncle's 2017 CX-5. The car was maintained religiously...

That's my take on Mazda.

LG's #1 North American light fixture identifier

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: what car do you drive? « Reply #171 on: July 29, 2023, 03:49:55 PM » Author: joseph_125
I think they fixed it on the 2010s models, but I remember the 2000s Mazdas tended to have issues with premature rusting compared to other brands especially in areas with heavy winter salt use.
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: what car do you drive? « Reply #172 on: July 29, 2023, 05:24:01 PM » Author: suzukir122
@Joseph_125, ahh... RUST. About that... there is easy to see rust near the bottom part of the car, and some of that rust is actually disintegrating.

Interests:

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: what car do you drive? « Reply #173 on: July 29, 2023, 06:07:02 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
I'm sorry to tell you but that's what rust does...  :wndr: :mrg:

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: what car do you drive? « Reply #174 on: July 29, 2023, 06:36:48 PM » Author: Rommie
Heh. Rust wasn't what caused my last car to die on me..! The bodywork was fine, no rust anywhere, but the engine blew up the day before I was due to move house  ::)

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: what car do you drive? « Reply #175 on: July 29, 2023, 09:58:07 PM » Author: RyanF40T12
be glad you don't have those blasted CVT transmissions.  They have low fluid capacity so the fluid gets dirty much quicker and degrades quicker thus needs maintenance more often and fails quicker. 

The more you hate the LED movement, the stronger it becomes.

icefoglights

View Posts
View Gallery

ITT Low Pressure Sodium NEMA

GoL
Re: what car do you drive? « Reply #176 on: July 30, 2023, 10:44:12 PM » Author: icefoglights
I know it's the previous generation, but back in the summer of 2008, I rented a pair of Mazda 3s.  The rental agent had to pry the keys out of my hands.  I loved them!  They were roomy for their size, comfortable, well laid out, fun to drive, and surprisingly fuel efficient.  Although I got something else, the 3 was a strong contender when I was looking to buy a small sedan.  A good friend of mine has a mid-2000s 6 that he loves.  He bought it used, and it spent its first few years in the upper Midwest.  It has the crustys to show for it.  That's it's only problem.

01010010 01101111 01100010 01100101 01110010 01110100

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: what car do you drive? « Reply #177 on: July 31, 2023, 08:56:28 AM » Author: suzukir122
That's relieving to hear. The interior does seem a bit wider than I expected when I first looked at the car.
So far, that Mazda 3 is exactly what I was looking for. Not too flashy, definitely not fast, quiet, and very smooth.
The check engine light is on though, so this is something I'll have to look into soon.

Interests:

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: what car do you drive? « Reply #178 on: July 31, 2023, 10:49:21 PM » Author: joseph_125
Unfortunately any older vehicle driven in this area (Ohio and Ontario seem to have similar winters and road salting patterns) will have some rust on it but I suppose you can try to keep it clean and also get some rust proofing done. Might be too late if you can see rust though.

If you plan to do any of your own car work I'd get one of those cheap OBD-II scanners (or borrow) and grab the check engine code with it. Then in most cases you can search the code online to get more info. The cheap generic scanners usually only give the code but the more expensive ones will give you more info and some manufacturer specific stuff too.
icefoglights

View Posts
View Gallery

ITT Low Pressure Sodium NEMA

GoL
Re: what car do you drive? « Reply #179 on: July 31, 2023, 10:58:55 PM » Author: icefoglights
Being a Mazda, you can get an OBDLink ELM327 or Bluetooth adapter and use FORScan on a laptop or tablet/smartphone to read codes and other diagnostic data, and even edit options data.

01010010 01101111 01100010 01100101 01110010 01110100

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies