Author Topic: GE Halarc Miser Maxi 55 watt  (Read 1776 times)
Lightingguy1994
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: GE Halarc Miser Maxi 55 watt « Reply #15 on: February 14, 2024, 05:19:16 PM » Author: Lightingguy1994
I bought a 50w mh ballast kit since it was a great deal, and we'll see if it makes it into my country. Honestly the fact that this is even a concern is very disappointing.

It'd be very helpful if there was a detailed guideline list by ebay I could read to know which lamps and gear I apparently don't have the right to own anymore.

If anyone finds an official guideline list about this lamp ban by ebay, post it as a new topic and I'll pin it to the relevant forum board, so that members can access it, and help them decide if they should chance a potential purchase.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2024, 05:25:18 PM by Lightingguy1994 » Logged

Administrator #5

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: GE Halarc Miser Maxi 55 watt « Reply #16 on: February 16, 2024, 01:46:35 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
 I just bought one of the clear Halarcs !

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: GE Halarc Miser Maxi 55 watt « Reply #17 on: February 16, 2024, 02:16:21 PM » Author: Rommie
I'm after one of each.

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: GE Halarc Miser Maxi 55 watt « Reply #18 on: February 16, 2024, 02:28:17 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
 Talk to the seller/LG member , Maybe you can work out a really nice deal !!

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

Philips tigkas

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: GE Halarc Miser Maxi 55 watt « Reply #19 on: February 25, 2024, 02:42:51 PM » Author: Philips tigkas
Cool lamps! Its nice to see HID lamps with their own type of personal ballast. :bulbman:

LEDs are like an apocalypse! They slowly take over the world wiping out every other type of lamp and fixture!

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: GE Halarc Miser Maxi 55 watt « Reply #20 on: March 19, 2024, 11:35:09 AM » Author: Rommie
Ours have just arrived, thanks Patrick  :love: :bulbman:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

RRK

View Posts
View Gallery
Roman

Re: GE Halarc Miser Maxi 55 watt « Reply #21 on: March 20, 2024, 12:23:54 AM » Author: RRK
Detailed guts photo, anyone? There was a lamp with a broken ballast filament, nothing to lose by opening it...
Patrick
Webmaster

View Posts
View Gallery

LightingGallery
Re: GE Halarc Miser Maxi 55 watt « Reply #22 on: March 20, 2024, 10:31:59 PM » Author: Patrick
I gave that one away to Alights, so he'll need to decide whether to disassemble it or keep it intact.  We do at least have a photo from James and a photo from DimBulb of a transparent prototype.

Patrick C., Administrator
Lighting-Gallery.net

RRK

View Posts
View Gallery
Roman

Re: GE Halarc Miser Maxi 55 watt « Reply #23 on: March 23, 2024, 06:16:34 AM » Author: RRK
There are also two groups of photos on Smithsonian. https://americanhistory.si.edu/collections/nmah_1301514 and https://americanhistory.si.edu/collections/nmah_751254

First one look like some rough prototype, but has a straight image of board conductors, albeit in very poor quality.

My goal is to try to build a clone of Halarc ballast for fun. Hard to get a proper DC lamp, but I suspect a regular modern cheap Chinese NaSc lamp of Venture style will work on DC at least for some time.  Schematics looks rather simple. I can ID a classic looking ignition transformer, some diodes (may be also ignition SIDAC), one single small plastic transistor or SCR in TO92 case, a larger transistor or SCR in TO220 on that prototype board, a large electrolytic of 50uF, couple of power resistors, some small capacitors, and one or two thermal fuses.

By the way, what happened with James' Lamptech site today??

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: GE Halarc Miser Maxi 55 watt « Reply #24 on: May 09, 2024, 08:40:23 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
@ RRK:
Thanks to Tim, we have two of the DC lamps, one cap up and one cap down.  :love: :bulbman:

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Max

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: GE Halarc Miser Maxi 55 watt « Reply #25 on: May 09, 2024, 08:45:25 AM » Author: Max
And where are the pictures?
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: GE Halarc Miser Maxi 55 watt « Reply #26 on: May 09, 2024, 09:12:08 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Here they are: base up and base down versions  :bulbman:

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies