Author Topic: GE Halarc Miser Maxi 55 watt  (Read 1873 times)
Fiderskeepersohio

View Posts
View Gallery

GE Halarc Miser Maxi 55 watt « on: February 13, 2024, 09:36:26 AM » Author: Fiderskeepersohio
Recently came into possession of a couple dozen of these lights, I don’t know a ton about them. I am up in the Cleveland area. Any information would be appreciated and I am interested in getting them to people who would appreciate them. Thank you
Maxim

View Posts
View Gallery

Stop replacing fixtures that can be retrofitted.

Re: GE Halarc Miser Maxi 55 watt « Reply #1 on: February 13, 2024, 03:44:47 PM » Author: Maxim
These are quite nice lamps, and very hard to find. I don't know all too much about their construction and chemistry, but I do know that I would enjoy them very much. :)

Collector of all kinds of lamps, gear, and fixtures.
My favorite lighting technologies at the moment are incandescent and mercury vapor, and my favorite Big 3 lighting brand of the late 20th century is GTE Sylvania.

About that Westinghouse Lifeguard disease, I think I've caught it. Thanks Eric! 8)

Fiderskeepersohio

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: GE Halarc Miser Maxi 55 watt « Reply #2 on: February 13, 2024, 03:46:24 PM » Author: Fiderskeepersohio
I have quite a few of them
Maxim

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: GE Halarc Miser Maxi 55 watt « Reply #3 on: February 13, 2024, 03:47:28 PM » Author: Maxim
Would you be willing to ship to Southeastern Pennsylvania? I'd be interested in one with phosphor, and one clear.

How much do you want for them?

My favorite lighting technologies at the moment are incandescent and mercury vapor, and my favorite Big 3 lighting brand of the late 20th century is GTE Sylvania.

About that Westinghouse Lifeguard disease, I think I've caught it. Thanks Eric! 8)

Fiderskeepersohio

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: GE Halarc Miser Maxi 55 watt « Reply #4 on: February 13, 2024, 03:57:55 PM » Author: Fiderskeepersohio
I would. I’m working on a reasonable price I don’t think it will be more than 200 per light.
Maxim

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: GE Halarc Miser Maxi 55 watt « Reply #5 on: February 13, 2024, 03:59:15 PM » Author: Maxim
200?

Fiderskeepersohio

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: GE Halarc Miser Maxi 55 watt « Reply #6 on: February 13, 2024, 04:02:20 PM » Author: Fiderskeepersohio
I have someone coming to give me more information on them tomorrow from up near cleveland. Somewhere between 150-200.00 per bulb. I’m really curious about them because some of them have numbers written at the bottom so they could be from testing at nela park.
Maxim

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: GE Halarc Miser Maxi 55 watt « Reply #7 on: February 13, 2024, 04:07:55 PM » Author: Maxim
I don't believe any of the gallery members on here are millionaires...
Also, I found your $500 eBay listings....
https://www.ebay.com/itm/395195373151
https://www.ebay.com/itm/395197530871

:poof: ??? :poof: ???

Fiderskeepersohio

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: GE Halarc Miser Maxi 55 watt « Reply #8 on: February 13, 2024, 04:11:51 PM » Author: Fiderskeepersohio
Right that was a starting point I just threw up, I’m trying to get enough information before i make any type of final number on them. Clearly not 500. I’m kinda still in the gathering information stage. I haven’t even gotten to the lights I have from a hundred years ago yet.
Lightingguy1994
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: GE Halarc Miser Maxi 55 watt « Reply #9 on: February 13, 2024, 05:07:21 PM » Author: Lightingguy1994
Be careful with ebay, apparently members have started having problems with ebay refusing to ship certain lamps internationally, a matter of which greatly upsets me.

What happens is if it's shipped with ebay international shipping -successor to the GSP - is the lamp shipment will be haulted, confiscated and destroyed by ebays shipping program and you will get a refund.

Please use caution and expect that the shipment may fail, unless you are in the same country as the item.

I don't know exactly what kinds of lamps are and are not affected, and if ballasts are blocked as well. If anyone has insight I would love to know, I'm still needing to get 2x 250w hps, 2x50w MH and 2x39w MH ballasts , as well as a stock of F6 and F8 T5s.

Administrator #5

Fiderskeepersohio

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: GE Halarc Miser Maxi 55 watt « Reply #10 on: February 13, 2024, 05:09:53 PM » Author: Fiderskeepersohio
This is what I keep hearing about shipping off eBay internationally.
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: GE Halarc Miser Maxi 55 watt « Reply #11 on: February 13, 2024, 05:14:46 PM » Author: Rommie
What I do these days is get someone local to buy them for me and shipped privately, avoiding eBay shipping completely.

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Fiderskeepersohio

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: GE Halarc Miser Maxi 55 watt « Reply #12 on: February 13, 2024, 05:45:31 PM » Author: Fiderskeepersohio
Couldn’t you ship via ups off eBay or fed ex? When I sell higher priced trading cards I always use 3rd party, one bad experience was enough for me.
joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: GE Halarc Miser Maxi 55 watt « Reply #13 on: February 13, 2024, 06:20:58 PM » Author: joseph_125
I think for now, if you don't use the GSP/eBay international shipping and ship directly to the buyer it'll work.

I'm surprised eBay still hasn't patched it to just block international buyers from items that get rejected by GSP. Right now if you have a bunch of junk lamps to get rid of, you could list it on eBay, get a international buyer in cahoots with you to buy them, you still get paid the full amount, the buyer gets refunded and eBay has to deal with the lot of junk lamps. :lol:
« Last Edit: February 13, 2024, 06:23:36 PM by joseph_125 » Logged
RadiantMV

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: GE Halarc Miser Maxi 55 watt « Reply #14 on: February 14, 2024, 04:25:56 PM » Author: RadiantMV
I haven’t even gotten to the lights I have from a hundred years ago yet.

Ik its a bit far fetched but any carbon arc lamps or just incandescent bulbs?
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies