Author Topic: Vornado Incandescent bulb  (Read 2242 times)
dobkin

View Posts
View Gallery

Vornado Incandescent bulb « on: June 23, 2012, 03:39:24 PM » Author: dobkin
Anyone heard of this brand Vornado?  They made standard incandescent light bulbs back in the late 1960s.  The one I saw was originally purchased in Pennsylvania.  I'd really like to know how popular this brand is, if anyone else has heard of this brand.

Jeff
jercar954

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Vornado Incandescent bulb « Reply #1 on: June 23, 2012, 04:09:03 PM » Author: jercar954
This is just a guess but it may be a private label brand or as you mentioned, you know of one purchased in PA. It may be a product of a small lamp manufacturer called Eletron based in Warren, PA. I believe this company was purchased by Philips.

Preheat and T-12 fluorescents forever! Down with LED's and instant start T-8 fluorescents.

jercar954

View Posts
View Gallery

Correction-Eltron « Reply #2 on: June 23, 2012, 04:13:59 PM » Author: jercar954
The name of the company is Eltron not Eletron.

Preheat and T-12 fluorescents forever! Down with LED's and instant start T-8 fluorescents.

Silverliner
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Rare white reflector

GoL
Re: Vornado Incandescent bulb « Reply #3 on: June 23, 2012, 08:33:57 PM » Author: Silverliner
I have seen the Vornado bulbs before, they looked like they were made by Marvel. They were sold im California also.

Eltron was owned by Solar Electric Corp in Warren, PA. Also known as Certified Electric Corp. All sold to Philips in 1980. I have some Solar bulbs and a few Eltron bulbs including a 4 pack from '83.

Administrator of Lighting-Gallery.net. Need help? PM me.

Member of L-G since 2005.

Collector of vintage bulbs, street lights and fluorescent fixtures.

Electrician.

Also a fan of cars, travelling, working out, food, hanging out.

Power company: Southern California Edison.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies