Author Topic: Bulb collection accommadation  (Read 1263 times)
Flurofan96

View Posts
View Gallery

Celebrating my 10th Anniversary on LG

Bulb collection accommadation « on: August 24, 2015, 05:34:32 AM » Author: Flurofan96
The downstairs loo in our house, was the perfect accommodation for my cardboard boxes and the display cabinets of my bulb collection, because it was rarely used as the decor was over 50 years old and was looking terribly dated. Now we are in the process of it being upgraded and I must say it is kinda nearing completion- we just need to get the toilet installed and the ceiling done up with the 2D fluoresant fixture. This upgrade, even when complete, forces my lightbulb collection to move to a new home. The garage, where my Tamlite fluoresant fixture is, has been converted to a utility room since last year and I was able to put the cabinet displays on top of the worktable and my rest of my lightbulbs inside the sink cupboard. However whilst I was in the old love of my house, I found a metallic aluminium case (you know the type I'm talking about?) which was in okayish condition and it had a pretty impressive capacity, which made me think that will be the perfect container. I then after cleaning it, tried to fit it under the space under the sink cupboard in the utility room, but unfortunately it would not fit. So I was prepared to place this aluminium case in our garden hut which is also due for a rennovation, but it will be a while or a long time till we get to that. I then decided to place whatever was in the sink cupboard, all of my incandescent bulbs, including the 2 spare 150W bulbs. I dared not to include the CFLS because I was worried that the humidity would do something to the CFLS- so they are kept in the sink cupboard.

So now the incandescent bulbs are inside my aluminium case which is stored in our hut, away from the rain but not from the cold English weather. I hope they will be fine- the case has got these clip down latches btw 

Lighting-Gallery member since June 2014

ace100w120v

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Bulb collection accommadation « Reply #1 on: November 21, 2015, 12:36:30 AM » Author: ace100w120v
Mine would be my storage loft. Out of sight, out of mind LOL.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies