Author Topic: Ugliest looking cobrahead?  (Read 1245 times)
HIDLad001

View Posts
View Gallery

Alex - a fan of Jefferson Electric ballasts

GoL UCwvPaxz1-rbLAjLpk55zl1A
Ugliest looking cobrahead? « on: July 27, 2022, 08:23:16 AM » Author: HIDLad001
The Thomas & Betts Model 25, it is very ugly, but also a very nice fixture, and one of my personal favorites.

If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it
HID Fixtures should stay HID, but I think LED is fine too.
Any new photos are taken with a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35!
Local power is 120/240VAC 60Hz, TV is NTSC 480i 59.94, DTV is ATSC 1.0 and simulcast ATSC 3.0.
-Using Lighting-Gallery since 2022-

xelareverse

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Ugliest looking cobrahead? « Reply #1 on: July 27, 2022, 08:49:02 AM » Author: xelareverse
Thomas & Betts model 25? I thought by the time the Thomas & Betts stuff came around they discontinued the 25.  But I'll bite with something very controversial. The General Electric M250R2.  They took everything from the R1 and decided that they were gonna make it worse. It looks so disproportional and just weird.
Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

Shaded OVM

Re: Ugliest looking cobrahead? « Reply #2 on: July 27, 2022, 09:18:54 AM » Author: Burrito
The Revere Endoval fixtures such as the 2600

ON LG FOR 2 YEARS! Please don't ask to meet up with me, as I am still living with my mother. Don't send me items either please, thank you!
LED street lights are bad. Some look good though. HID is better.
Please, watch out for the future. It's not looking good. Loves instruction manuals of any kind!

Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

Shaded OVM

Re: Ugliest looking cobrahead? « Reply #3 on: July 27, 2022, 09:20:46 AM » Author: Burrito
Thomas & Betts model 25? I thought by the time the Thomas & Betts stuff came around they discontinued the 25.  But I'll bite with something very controversial. The General Electric M250R2.  They took everything from the R1 and decided that they were gonna make it worse. It looks so disproportional and just weird.
Yes, They did continue it for sometime. I also remember seeing like 10 NOS ones on eBay back in like 2019/2020. there's one posted on a different site

ON LG FOR 2 YEARS! Please don't ask to meet up with me, as I am still living with my mother. Don't send me items either please, thank you!
Please, watch out for the future. It's not looking good. Loves instruction manuals of any kind!

xelareverse

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Ugliest looking cobrahead? « Reply #4 on: July 27, 2022, 09:29:17 AM » Author: xelareverse
Did not know that, neat!
Molly

View Posts
View Gallery

The wild Lampent hates LEDs!

mollylovesreptiles UChSn_GuLy2eE43RAiEFyoEw mollylovesreptiles
Re: Ugliest looking cobrahead? « Reply #5 on: July 27, 2022, 10:29:19 AM » Author: Molly
For me, I personally like all of them but I'm not a fan of the OVX's boxy design.

If you want to use any of my photos, please ask me for permission, and make sure to add credit. Thank you! :love:

Molly

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Ugliest looking cobrahead? « Reply #6 on: July 27, 2022, 11:41:04 AM » Author: Molly
That's nice

If you want to use any of my photos, please ask me for permission, and make sure to add credit. Thank you! :love:

HIDLad001

View Posts
View Gallery

Alex - a fan of Jefferson Electric ballasts

GoL UCwvPaxz1-rbLAjLpk55zl1A
Re: Ugliest looking cobrahead? « Reply #7 on: July 27, 2022, 12:19:54 PM » Author: HIDLad001

I am just used to saying it that way, and I probably will never change.

If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it
HID Fixtures should stay HID, but I think LED is fine too.
Any new photos are taken with a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35!
Local power is 120/240VAC 60Hz, TV is NTSC 480i 59.94, DTV is ATSC 1.0 and simulcast ATSC 3.0.
-Using Lighting-Gallery since 2022-

Molly

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Ugliest looking cobrahead? « Reply #8 on: July 27, 2022, 01:14:46 PM » Author: Molly
Not the biggest fan of the M250R2 as well

LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: Ugliest looking cobrahead? « Reply #9 on: July 27, 2022, 03:49:36 PM » Author: LightsoftheWest
Probably the AEL DuraStar or the Cooper OVF.

LG's #1 North American light fixture identifier

Molly

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Ugliest looking cobrahead? « Reply #10 on: July 27, 2022, 04:00:04 PM » Author: Molly
Not a fan of the Durastar as well.

Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

Shaded OVM

Re: Ugliest looking cobrahead? « Reply #11 on: July 27, 2022, 04:00:32 PM » Author: Burrito
Oh, and one more light i hate: Joslyn MV141, Joslyn MV121

Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: Ugliest looking cobrahead? « Reply #12 on: July 27, 2022, 04:19:13 PM » Author: Econolite03
I’m sure everyone knows what cobrahead I hate… it’s a Cooper.

Now on Linktree

Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

Shaded OVM

Re: Ugliest looking cobrahead? « Reply #13 on: July 27, 2022, 04:19:39 PM » Author: Burrito
Cooper OVH?

HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

Long live the HPS and SOX!

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Re: Ugliest looking cobrahead? « Reply #14 on: July 27, 2022, 06:29:21 PM » Author: HPS_250
AEL Durastar. I think it was one of if not the only cobrahead ever made of fiberglass and not aluminium.

I’ve always been interested in all kinds of lighting, mainly incandescent and HID, and especially all kinds of sodium lamps (HPS/LPS). I’ll tolerate LED but I’m not a fan of it.
I’m not proud to say that my city has Devolved to LED.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies