Author Topic: Fire Nema  (Read 3793 times)
lightboy90

View Posts
View Gallery

Fire Nema « on: April 01, 2007, 11:49:47 AM » Author: lightboy90
I have a question: What is the function of a Fire Nema?? I never saw it in Austria!
TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Fire Nema « Reply #1 on: April 01, 2007, 09:34:50 PM » Author: TudorWhiz
well really....not everywhere has it.......

in fact......I only know Boston area having it...they just help locate fire alarm buttons or switches in case of emergency......

NYC has something similar...but its not using NEMAs...instead they used The old NYC firelight

This one is the newer one that NYC currently uses with an old abandoned one here

Here's an example of the fire switch...they were used more back then because that was before we were able to CALL the firetruck! Here's the switch

hope this helps!

For pictures of my streetlight collection and other streetlight pictures with some various pictures that are not in this website, please visit http://www.galleryoflights.org/  under GullWhiz

Administrator of Galleryoflights.org

dp
Re: Fire Nema « Reply #2 on: April 01, 2007, 11:20:16 PM » Author: dp
what kind of lamp do these normally take?
TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Fire Nema « Reply #3 on: April 02, 2007, 10:49:03 AM » Author: TudorWhiz
well that NEMA ones were incandesecents.....same for the old NYC ones...but the newer one you saw that was put on the fixture on top is LED....

For pictures of my streetlight collection and other streetlight pictures with some various pictures that are not in this website, please visit http://www.galleryoflights.org/  under GullWhiz

Administrator of Galleryoflights.org

lightboy90

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Fire Nema « Reply #4 on: April 09, 2007, 03:33:29 PM » Author: lightboy90
Thank you very much for the information!
CrestwoodOhio

View Posts
View Gallery

josephmatthews535
Re: Fire Nema « Reply #5 on: May 01, 2014, 07:12:09 AM » Author: CrestwoodOhio
Yeah the NEMA light with the red plastic are the Fire Nemas that Boston uses. They use the incandescent bulbs in those. Could probable use the CFL or LED lights in them probably

6500K Color Temperature Kelvin lighting works for me. I use 6500K CFL in all my incandescent light fixtures. I use 6500K Flurescent bulbs in my flurescent fixtures. I hope prices get better and hope I find 6500K LED lighting in the future. I love energy efficient and Energy Star products. Way to go!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies