Author Topic: What do you do with your collection?  (Read 1743 times)
wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What do you do with your collection? « Reply #30 on: April 21, 2024, 05:53:47 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
 I have most of my lamps in clear plastic totes and I still can't find anything without performing a major archeological dig !

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

BT25

View Posts
View Gallery

Vintage HID Collector

Re: What do you do with your collection? « Reply #31 on: April 21, 2024, 06:04:22 PM » Author: BT25
Before I kick the bucket, I'll take my collection out back and blow it up! :eoled: :lol: :lol: :lol:

First known case of Westinghouse Lifeguard Disease! :lol:
If you can say yes to any of the following, you may have it too: :poof:
Can't resist buying more even if you already have an example in your collection? :lol:
Bank account/CC statement shows unnecessary spending? ::)

Richmond2000

View Posts
View Gallery

120V 60HZ

Re: What do you do with your collection? « Reply #32 on: April 21, 2024, 11:47:45 PM » Author: Richmond2000
@BT25 so you saying if YOU dont go out with a bang your lamps will
Caroline

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What do you do with your collection? « Reply #33 on: April 22, 2024, 12:24:13 AM » Author: Caroline
Is it really a collection if I use them?

I mostly have incandescents and fluorescent tubes that get to be used around the house. I have replaced some of the 2 and 4 ft T12s with T8s I got either as gift or picked up from sidewalks, so the T12 stock lasts some more. I also keep low voltage incandescents for some desk lamps but those are also in use.

Then there's the odd pieces like metal halide, HPS or mixed bulbs I keep in boxes because they're nice. There's also unused CFLs, LED retrofits for spots or floodlights but they're not really that great when it comes to their sole purpose... which is illuminating. The LED retrofits for halogen/MH floodlights are terrible and super dim compared to the original bulbs.
LightsAreBright27

View Posts
View Gallery

Cheap LED Assassin

Re: What do you do with your collection? « Reply #34 on: April 22, 2024, 01:37:26 AM » Author: LightsAreBright27
I will turn mine into artifacts when it's my time, bury the lamps into the ground with a box. Some decades later it will surely become a museum piece.
Or I will just sell them or give them away, this is easier :mrg: .
« Last Edit: April 22, 2024, 10:34:05 AM by LightsAreBright27 » Logged

Holder of the rare and sacred :sfl: F10T12/BL :sfl: lamps here!
Also known as LAB27 for short.
245v 50Hz

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What do you do with your collection? « Reply #35 on: April 22, 2024, 09:09:46 AM » Author: Rommie
Before I kick the bucket, I'll take my collection out back and blow it up! :eoled: :lol: :lol: :lol:
No, don't do that..!  :poof:

You've got some wonderful rarities, they deserve to be preserved..! Sadly I think we'll go before you, or I'd say we'll have them, but we haven't really got the room anyway  :-\

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

BT25

View Posts
View Gallery

Vintage HID Collector

Re: What do you do with your collection? « Reply #36 on: April 22, 2024, 10:07:50 AM » Author: BT25
@Rommie: I'm joking  :lol: ...I'd rather pass it on too...preferably a museum of some sort.
The Smithsonian doesn't display their rare lamps from what I've heard...I'm not giving mine to them...not that they'd take them anyway! :lol:

Can't resist buying more even if you already have an example in your collection? :lol:

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What do you do with your collection? « Reply #37 on: April 22, 2024, 10:43:42 AM » Author: Rommie
If you really wanted to blow them up, you could always send them to Photon  :mrg:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

BT25

View Posts
View Gallery

Vintage HID Collector

Re: What do you do with your collection? « Reply #38 on: April 22, 2024, 11:24:49 AM » Author: BT25
 Yep! :lol:

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies