Author Topic: I don't get it  (Read 7626 times)
Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

All photos are brought to you by Bubby industries.

GoL Solanaceae.Keif.Fitz Keif Fitz bubby_keif
Re: I don't get it « Reply #15 on: May 31, 2015, 04:39:26 PM » Author: Solanaceae
Some people are skeevy on eBay and sometimes you'll run into some sketchy vintage item but if you order it, you'll get the wrong item. I don't buy from sellers with lower than 98% ratings. Some people are impatient with sellers, so they write bad reviews at the sellers expense.

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

TheLightingCollector

View Posts
View Gallery

UCuHQve8emnnL_d9oU44qklw
Re: I don't get it « Reply #16 on: June 15, 2015, 12:29:18 AM » Author: TheLightingCollector
Lampwizard hit the nail on the head.  The money is in selling to people who want a vintage item for use and decor purposes, but are not collectors.  Collectors are comparably cheap.  Collectors would rather buy something original and do the work themselves, other buyers dont have the faintest clue and want something they can trust, if not they'll get a reproduction.  And the (in this example) $400 price tag is often cheaper than a reproduction.
Thank you Dan and Lampwizard for understanding. Though I would love this light for myself, I can't afford it. Some business owner will get it and they can be happy.
Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: I don't get it « Reply #17 on: June 15, 2015, 08:52:11 AM » Author: Solanaceae
When I saw that electronic ballast, I almost puked. I guess as long as it's a Sylvania Quicktronic (Highest quality HF ballast, yes?) and programmed start, it's okay. 
yes. The instant start 4x32 versions are bullet proof, way better than the advance crap. The only ones I've had trouble with is a 2x15 unit that overheated on me and stopped working.

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

ElectroLite

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: I don't get it « Reply #18 on: June 17, 2015, 10:17:21 PM » Author: ElectroLite
Are Fulham ballasts that great? I repaired a 20 watt fluorescent fixture for someone using a Fulham WH2 and it seems to do pretty well.

The fixture originally had a Universal F20 instant start ballast that almost blew the lamp. I switched it on and there was a bright flash of orange, immediate blackening then swirling. That's why I replaced it as I didn't trust the original ballast. I replaced it with a WH2 because it had these specialty shunted lamp holders.
Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: I don't get it « Reply #19 on: June 17, 2015, 10:26:03 PM » Author: Solanaceae
Fulham ballasts are strong enough to survive a black hole. They will squeeze every tiny drop of life from an EOL lamp and it will not give it any mercy.

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

themaritimegirl

View Posts
View Gallery

Florence

themaritimegirl themaritimegirl themaritimegirl
Re: I don't get it « Reply #20 on: June 17, 2015, 10:37:12 PM » Author: themaritimegirl
My Fulham WH2 has fried over a dozen fluorescent lamps, and it's still running. I've even tried running it at a reduced input voltage, and it doesn't care at all.

Electrical Engineering Graduate
YouTube | Twitter | Instagram

ElectroLite

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: I don't get it « Reply #21 on: June 17, 2015, 10:40:18 PM » Author: ElectroLite
I'm excited to see what will happen to the lamp when it reaches EOL! I have this junk Philips Alto lamp with 2 broken cathodes. I might stick it on that and see what happens. Might not do anything as the the lamp doesn't look too used...
Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: I don't get it « Reply #22 on: June 18, 2015, 12:28:06 AM » Author: Solanaceae
It just depends on how much rmitter is left on the filaments. To deplete it for a good EOL show you can connect the ballast to the broken cathode and spent the emitter coat.

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

don93s

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: I don't get it « Reply #23 on: July 03, 2015, 01:45:01 AM » Author: don93s
Well, I guess at the end of the day, the fact that those auctions didn't sell and were eventually removed says something about over-zealous sellers and not enough dumb buyers, lmao!
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies