Author Topic: Silly LED replacements  (Read 1568 times)
wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Silly LED replacements « on: June 10, 2016, 08:42:44 AM » Author: wattMaster
Look here.
You likely know what is wrong.
Problem 1: Crazy Expensive!  :o
Problem 2: You pay big bucks for something less efficient!
Problem 3: You won't save money, You will actually be less efficient.
Just look at the LM/W: 400 Watt MH: 90. This LED: 89.
Combine that with glare, bad optics, and a few more things, you get a bad deal.

SLS! (Stop LED Streetlights!)

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Silly LED replacements « Reply #1 on: June 10, 2016, 08:55:42 AM » Author: dor123
Not new to me at all: http://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-116718 .

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Silly LED replacements « Reply #2 on: June 10, 2016, 09:07:57 AM » Author: wattMaster
Not new to me at all: http://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-116718 .
It actually looks good, But I would not like the halved brightness if they had MH before.

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Silly LED replacements « Reply #3 on: June 10, 2016, 09:10:38 AM » Author: Lumex120
Quite sad that someone was foolish enough to buy this. You could get more lumens from a 320w PSMH lamp. I once saw a 20w LED wallpack rated to replace 400w PSMH.  ???

Unofficial LG Discord

wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Silly LED replacements « Reply #4 on: June 10, 2016, 09:14:18 AM » Author: wattMaster
Quite sad that someone was foolish enough to buy this. You could get more lumens from a 320w PSMH lamp. I once saw a 20w LED wallpack rated to replace 400w PSMH.  ???
What?  :o
It all boils down to marketing.

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Silly LED replacements « Reply #5 on: June 10, 2016, 05:27:19 PM » Author: Ash
Its the Equivalence game. Assume that the reflector in the lantern have matte black finish, lamp is a Merc 5 times past its rated life, ballast is a resistor, and you really get the promised energy savings...
Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Silly LED replacements « Reply #6 on: June 10, 2016, 05:32:05 PM » Author: Lumex120
Its the Equivalence game. Assume that the reflector in the lantern have matte black finish, lamp is a Merc 5 times past its rated life, ballast is a resistor, and you really get the promised energy savings...
it's also supposed to be "accidentally" spraypainted black since it assumed that it is in an auto shop. Guess what? The fixture was rated for a lousy 520 lumens. Even a 20w CMH beats that by a ton.

Unofficial LG Discord

wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Silly LED replacements « Reply #7 on: June 10, 2016, 05:38:17 PM » Author: wattMaster
it's also supposed to be "accidentally" spraypainted black since it assumed that it is in an auto shop. Guess what? The fixture was rated for a lousy 520 lumens. Even a 20w CMH beats that by a ton.
What? If that's the 20 Watt LED, That's 26 LPW on a good day!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies