Author Topic: Anyone into vintage web layouts?  (Read 1073 times)
Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

GE HM1000's

Anyone into vintage web layouts? « on: August 19, 2024, 02:59:13 PM » Author: Burrito
Any of you all like vitnage web layouts from like the 2000's/2010's? Please, do let me know. Thanks!

ON LG FOR 2 YEARS! Please don't ask to meet up with me, as I am still living with my mother. Don't send me items either please, thank you!
Please, watch out for the future. It's not looking good. Loves instruction manuals of any kind!

rjluna2

View Posts
View Gallery

Robert

GoL
Re: Anyone into vintage web layouts? « Reply #1 on: August 19, 2024, 03:04:33 PM » Author: rjluna2
I have always liked the Microsoft Internet Explorer printout title, heading and footer style.  Then the original Microsoft Edge did retain the old style Internet Explorer printout title, heading and footer.  Too bad, the Microsoft Edge turned over to Microsoft Edge Chromium browser and they have discontinued the Microsoft Internet Explorer browser last October :(

Pretty, please no more Chinese failure.

LightsAreBright27

View Posts
View Gallery

Cheap LED Assassin

Re: Anyone into vintage web layouts? « Reply #2 on: August 20, 2024, 06:12:56 AM » Author: LightsAreBright27
I like a browser that does nothing else than go to websites. No fancy images and notifications.

Holder of the rare and sacred :sfl: F10T12/BL :sfl: lamps here!
Also known as LAB27 for short.
One of the only Indian members here!
245v 50Hz

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Anyone into vintage web layouts? « Reply #3 on: August 20, 2024, 06:52:14 AM » Author: dor123
IE was a very slow web browser compared to browsers like Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome, especially IE6.
I preferring Mozilla Firefox for browsing and Waterfox Classic Portable when I need to use legacy add-ons.
It is the most secure browser that are used widely, even more than Google Chrome.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

RRK

View Posts
View Gallery
Roman

Re: Anyone into vintage web layouts? « Reply #4 on: August 20, 2024, 12:48:46 PM » Author: RRK
Yes, I personally think that addition of scripting languages (damn Javascript and so on) to the web generally did more harm than good. Sure, quite a Luddite point of view, haha) Good ol' plain HTML was just better (and safer) and not that much intrusive as today's web programming.

Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

GE HM1000's

Re: Anyone into vintage web layouts? « Reply #5 on: August 20, 2024, 01:34:57 PM » Author: Burrito
I agree. So much better and probably easy on the CPU too

ON LG FOR 2 YEARS! Please don't ask to meet up with me, as I am still living with my mother. Don't send me items either please, thank you!
Please, watch out for the future. It's not looking good. Loves instruction manuals of any kind!

Roi_hartmann

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Anyone into vintage web layouts? « Reply #6 on: August 20, 2024, 02:44:35 PM » Author: Roi_hartmann
Yes, I personally think that addition of scripting languages (damn Javascript and so on) to the web generally did more harm than good. Sure, quite a Luddite point of view, haha) Good ol' plain HTML was just better (and safer) and not that much intrusive as today's web programming.
Yeah, there were many hideous plugins like flash player or macromedia shockwave player we have luckily gotten rid of not even mentionin about java applets.

Aamulla aurinko, illalla AIRAM

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: Anyone into vintage web layouts? « Reply #7 on: August 20, 2024, 11:06:38 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Yep I much prefer a nice clean basic HTML page over all that modern crap sites are loaded down with these days.

Shockwave/Flash was pretty bad (especially after they more or less combined it into a single entity)
JavaScript is one of the worst things to ever infect the web. far worse than any flash thing
CSS is pretty vile as well
But nothing is worse or more vile than the HTML-5 s*t used these days.

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

GE HM1000's

Re: Anyone into vintage web layouts? « Reply #8 on: August 20, 2024, 11:07:45 PM » Author: Burrito
How about the old YouTube or old Google layouts, anyone? also interested in those designs too.

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL ATL
Re: Anyone into vintage web layouts? « Reply #9 on: August 20, 2024, 11:20:47 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
As far as browsers go...

Back in the old days, NetScape was my browser of choice
I never cared for Internet Explorer due to the fact it was unsafe, (and in later days, there was no addons for it. Things like NoScript and 'AdBlock' are as far as I'm concerned required parts these days)
Chrome and Edge(just Chrome under a different name), I won't use at home. Both are big-time malware(spyware)
FireFox was the probably best choice at one time, before it too became malware..
Best choice these days are either PaleMoon or WaterFox (and having FireFox as a 3rd option since some sites refuse to work on either of those 2 .. and since FireFox is malware, you also need a pi-hole or firewall on your network)

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL ATL
Re: Anyone into vintage web layouts? « Reply #10 on: August 20, 2024, 11:22:24 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Quote from: Burrito
How about the old YouTube
Pre-google YouTube was much better.

Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

GE HM1000's

Re: Anyone into vintage web layouts? « Reply #11 on: August 20, 2024, 11:24:15 PM » Author: Burrito
I agree but that classic 2010's layout is super nostalgic (for me at least LOL)

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies