Author Topic: GE F96T8/XL/SPX41  (Read 1262 times)
DetroitTwoStroke

View Posts
View Gallery

Luke

GE F96T8/XL/SPX41 « on: December 17, 2014, 01:46:51 AM » Author: DetroitTwoStroke
Does anyone know why GE discontinued the F96T8/XL/SPX41 and replaced it with F96T8/XL/SPX41/2? There appears to be no difference in the specs, so I am wondering if I should try to get some of the discontinued ones at a clearance price, as long as they weren't discontinued due to problems.
Grainger has them at a good price.

Pride and quality workmanship should lie behind manufacturing, not greed.

jrmcferren

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: GE F96T8/XL/SPX41 « Reply #1 on: December 17, 2014, 03:23:11 PM » Author: jrmcferren
I see no change in the specifications at all except for the UPC, the mercury content is even the same. Get some of the older ones if you can at a discount and maybe a newer one to compare. Maybe the cathode construction changed slightly or they are made at a different plant.
DetroitTwoStroke

View Posts
View Gallery

Luke

Re: GE F96T8/XL/SPX41 « Reply #2 on: December 17, 2014, 09:09:38 PM » Author: DetroitTwoStroke
I also thought of the possibility that GE moved the plant, since I know they added A19 halogen production to one of the fluorescent factories.

Pride and quality workmanship should lie behind manufacturing, not greed.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies