Author Topic: How long has the longest-lived fluorescent tube you have ever seen?  (Read 5218 times)
bulb_tester2009

View Posts
View Gallery

Resolutely crack down on inferior LED lighting!!

GoL
How long has the longest-lived fluorescent tube you have ever seen? « on: March 03, 2022, 06:51:47 AM » Author: bulb_tester2009
Although I can't see the longest-lived lamp tube, because T12 lamp tubes are not common in China. The longest-lived lamp I have ever seen is Philips' Super80 T8 lamp, which has a lifespan of 15,000 hours.

I've been collecting light bulbs since I was 2 years old and I've been collecting them ever since.
 :hps::hps::hps:
由于我来自中国,所以英语不精通,大部分内容都是翻译的,所以可能不通顺,请大家谅解
Note:
Bulb base in China:E12(CES) E14(SES) B22d(BC) E27(ES) E40(GES)

Bean
Re: How long has the longest-lived fluorescent tube you have ever seen? « Reply #1 on: March 03, 2022, 06:55:10 AM » Author: Bean
dons93 has an f14t12 that's been going for a long time, since 2012 non stop.
AgentHalogen_87

View Posts
View Gallery

Long Live SOX!

Re: How long has the longest-lived fluorescent tube you have ever seen? « Reply #2 on: March 03, 2022, 09:34:37 AM » Author: AgentHalogen_87
When my parents bought the house I live in, before I was born, the previous owner had installed a 4 ft T8 tube light in the garage. Now, at least 18 years later, that fixture is in my collection, on it's original lamp, running perfectly.
bulb_tester2009

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: How long has the longest-lived fluorescent tube you have ever seen? « Reply #3 on: March 04, 2022, 01:25:50 AM » Author: bulb_tester2009
My grandparents have a set of f20t12 halophosphate fluorescent tubes made in the 1990s. Although they are not used much, their service life is much longer than the nominal 6000 hour service life :eolfl:

I've been collecting light bulbs since I was 2 years old and I've been collecting them ever since.
Note:

Silverliner
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Rare white reflector

GoL
Re: How long has the longest-lived fluorescent tube you have ever seen? « Reply #4 on: March 16, 2022, 11:19:18 PM » Author: Silverliner
I have seen some Duro-Test F40T12s last 15 years in commercial use.

Administrator of Lighting-Gallery.net. Need help? PM me.

Member of L-G since 2005.

Collector of vintage bulbs, street lights and fluorescent fixtures.

Electrician.

Also a fan of cars, travelling, working out, food, hanging out.

Power company: Southern California Edison.

thelightingman

View Posts
View Gallery
All lighting except LED rules!

Re: How long has the longest-lived fluorescent tube you have ever seen? « Reply #5 on: March 16, 2022, 11:29:14 PM » Author: thelightingman
I have a few T12 tubes that are about 30 or so years old that still work, one of them has major end blackening though but it still works.

I think HPS, MV, and MH rule! :mv: :mvc: :hps: :emh: Ban LED instead! :eoled:

bulb_tester2009

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: How long has the longest-lived fluorescent tube you have ever seen? « Reply #6 on: March 17, 2022, 08:59:32 PM » Author: bulb_tester2009
I have a few T12 tubes that are about 30 or so years old that still work, one of them has major end blackening though but it still works.
我那个也差不多30年了
Mine is almost 30 years

Note:

funkybulb

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: How long has the longest-lived fluorescent tube you have ever seen? « Reply #7 on: March 18, 2022, 05:05:25 AM » Author: funkybulb
I had a pair westinghouse tube installed in 1984 it lasted until 2007
 It became too  hard to start on rapid start.  With ends glowing doing
 Nothing.

No LED gadgets, spins too slowly.  Gotta  love preheat and MV. let the lights keep my meter spinning.

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich, Coaster junkie!

Re: How long has the longest-lived fluorescent tube you have ever seen? « Reply #8 on: March 24, 2022, 11:32:51 AM » Author: AngryHorse
In my last workplace we had an 8 foot single batten to the side of the paint plant, it was removed from the new circuit when they fitted 400 watt halides, but was fitted as a night light when the main factory lighting was switched off, and was put on a permanent live running 24 hours a day!
As a result it’s GE tube ran for something like 10 years with probably one switch off each year over the Christmas week!, until it exhausted all its mercury and just ran pink!  :lol:
That’s the longest surviving T12 tube I ever remember!

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

Welcome to OBLIVION

bulb_tester2009

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: How long has the longest-lived fluorescent tube you have ever seen? « Reply #9 on: March 28, 2022, 12:56:07 AM » Author: bulb_tester2009
In my last workplace we had an 8 foot single batten to the side of the paint plant, it was removed from the new circuit when they fitted 400 watt halides, but was fitted as a night light when the main factory lighting was switched off, and was put on a permanent live running 24 hours a day!
As a result it’s GE tube ran for something like 10 years with probably one switch off each year over the Christmas week!, until it exhausted all its mercury and just ran pink!  :lol:
That’s the longest surviving T12 tube I ever remember!
There is an F28T5 tube at the exit of the underground garage of our residential building, which cannot be seen clearly etch, and it is still bright after more than 15 years of uninterrupted work for 24 hours

Note:

108CAM

View Posts
View Gallery

Diehard MV, HPS, SOX & Preheat Fluorescent Fanatic

UCG6Xojn8dNgDuN9J7_Gnj8w
Re: How long has the longest-lived fluorescent tube you have ever seen? « Reply #10 on: April 07, 2022, 11:40:02 PM » Author: 108CAM
For me it would be my Brass-ender Philips F40T12 tube made in Australia by ELMA. It is the oldest fluorescent tube in my collection and also my best trash-picked fluro of all time! I don't know how many hours it's done but it would have to be a lot considering how old it is. The Canadian-made Sylvania F20T12's in my AJ Ferguson Zodiac are a very close second place as they are original to the fixture.

These aren't in my collection but still deserve a mention.
All 8 2xF36T8 fixtures in my dad's shed have been running on their original tubes and gear for almost 25 years and counting!

Fluro starter pings combined with a 50hz ballast hum and blinking tubes is music to my ears.

Rest in Peace Electronic Lamp Manufacturers of Australia
1925-2002

Bring back the AJF Zodiacs!

Total incidents since joining LG: 17
Lamps accidently broken or smashed: 14
Ballast explosions/burnouts: 3

View Posts
View Gallery

Tha SOX MADMANNN

Re: How long has the longest-lived fluorescent tube you have ever seen? « Reply #11 on: April 09, 2022, 09:50:23 PM » Author: 589
I have a whole lot of cheezeball walmart great value brand CFLs from 2010 that refuse to die. A few have 40000+ hours on them and pretty dim, but they wont die. All of them burn base down. I don’t know who made these for the Wally world but they did a good job.

:lps:

Max

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: How long has the longest-lived fluorescent tube you have ever seen? « Reply #12 on: April 10, 2022, 06:41:32 AM » Author: Max
I remember that some of the fluorescent tubes we made in the lab with the most optimized thermionic cathodes could last in excess of 100 kh (statistically extrapolated data).
Michael

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: How long has the longest-lived fluorescent tube you have ever seen? « Reply #13 on: April 12, 2022, 12:12:55 AM » Author: Michael
Fluorescent tubes in the large underpass in our main train station which I’m taking care of were mass re- lamped in 2001 and there are still a handful of them which are still working. They run nonstop 365 24h!
joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: How long has the longest-lived fluorescent tube you have ever seen? « Reply #14 on: April 12, 2022, 12:49:01 AM » Author: joseph_125
Impressive, that's way over 100000 hours. Although I suppose with the 24/7 operation it's less stressful for the lamps. Most fluorescent lamps here were rated at 3-4 hours per start.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies