Author Topic: 13 years on Lighting Gallery  (Read 1769 times)
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
13 years on Lighting Gallery « on: September 02, 2023, 04:42:21 AM » Author: suzukir122
I'm late on this... since that 13 year mark/day recently passed without me paying any attention. I've been on this site for 13 years... since August 2010.
Feels weird.

Avid lighting enthusiast, so yeah... arc tube lighting will continue to be a part of my life the most, and that AIN'T changing. My woman, if I get married
someday, will see to this as well. T12's, magnetic Rapid Start ballasts, magnetic ballasted Metal Halides... gotta keep that going.
I have to find a way to celebrate this though. Although it feels weird, it's worth celebrating. Maybe I'll take video of me acting a fool... maybe throw
my double *9w* PL lantern in the back window of my sportcar and drive pass on video or something. I don't know. :'-)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2024, 11:55:25 AM by suzukir122 » Logged

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich, Coaster junkie!

Re: 13 years on Lighting Gallery « Reply #1 on: September 02, 2023, 07:25:50 AM » Author: AngryHorse
Nice milestone!  8), it’s amazing how time fly’s, I’m not that far behind you, I joined LG in January 2011, but left a few years later when most UK members went onto our own UK site, realising my mistake after missing being on LG I rejoined in June 2016!  :D
As for lighting, I sadly don’t have the same enthusiasm as I had back in the 90s, but still like to look at things on lighting sites, and join in on discussions.

Although not being as athletic as yourself, as you say in your signature, I have recently fell in love with cycling again and do a lot of that as I’m 51 now, and was just getting fat and lazy in my old age!  :lol:
So my interest now is more on my bicycle riding and maintenance!

It’s a shame LG and the internet didn’t exist in the mid 80s when my lighting interest was a million miles per hour!, but you find things change as you get older  ::)
Anywho, happy 13th anniversary  8)

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

Welcome to OBLIVION

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: 13 years on Lighting Gallery « Reply #2 on: September 02, 2023, 08:36:26 AM » Author: suzukir122
Thanks @AngryHorse... and for what it's worth, I'm athletic... but lazy.  :'-) I hit the gym, lift weights, treadmill run, drink and eat
plenty of protein shakes/meals... BLOW UP... but then I go home, watch YouTube videos and sometimes find myself scarfing down junk food.
Plus I'm an introvert, even with my sport car and British motorcycle that needs a lot of work... the majority of time, I'm at home and on the computer.
Seriously though, I hope to change that this year. I have a YouTube channel to bring motorcycle content to!
But yeah, my lighting interest is still sky high... about as high as it was back when I was in 2nd grade, when I discovered my first EOL show :veolfl:
during the middle of class. (HPF Rapid Start magnetic in a Louvered fixture... brilliant orange flashing/swirling from the bad end. That's A LOT
of info for a 2nd grade kid. I thought the lamp was gonna explode.) After that moment, my interest sky rocketed... and continued to do so when
I encountered more T12 start ups/EOLs, as well as Metal Halide start ups in gym classes, etc.
Another thing that has brought me closer to lighting is... this site! The members... browsing members lighting pics, and interacting with members,
etc. I find that very awesome, communicating with members who are from other parts of the world, who live TOTALLY... different life styles.
That's something I've noticed over the years, and I find that very, very awesome... which is another reason why I've stuck around for so long.

Interests:
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: 13 years on Lighting Gallery « Reply #3 on: September 02, 2023, 10:11:48 AM » Author: Rommie
Hey, every year you're still here is a good one  :lol:

6 years for me since July, wow. Keep carrying on carrying on  :mrg:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: 13 years on Lighting Gallery « Reply #4 on: September 02, 2023, 10:30:54 AM » Author: wide-lite 1000
 Many Congrats on 13 years suzuki !!! Hopefully , many more !!  :bulbman:

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

DimBulb

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: 13 years on Lighting Gallery « Reply #5 on: September 02, 2023, 03:08:00 PM » Author: DimBulb
Congrats! 15 years for me and yeah it does feel weird when I think about it!

My very first word was LIGHT!

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: 13 years on Lighting Gallery « Reply #6 on: September 02, 2023, 03:16:15 PM » Author: suzukir122
@Rommie, @Wide-Lite, thanks! Yeah as long as I'm alive, my LG will NOT be going anywhere. Lighting is a major, major part of my life. Been in the game/on it
since I was 3 years old. So this site is a big deal to me, even if I haven't been posting much.
Just got done showing off my Metal Halide lit garage to an older neighbor of mine, who ironically also owns a British motorcycle, and a sport car. So his
garage set up is a lot like mine, although he's much older than I am, and paying 900 dollars a month for his sport car.
He was bragging about his "100 watt LED" in his garage. (It's not 100 watts. ::)) So I was like... bruh.  :'-) "Let me show you MY garage," is what I remembered saying.
This was during the middle of the night. So much brighter than his garage, that it was comedy!

Interests:

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: 13 years on Lighting Gallery « Reply #7 on: September 02, 2023, 03:19:51 PM » Author: suzukir122
@Dimbulb, yep! I remember seeing your username a lot over the years as well. You know exactly how it feels. It's tough to describe the feeling!

Interests:

DimBulb

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: 13 years on Lighting Gallery « Reply #8 on: September 02, 2023, 03:44:27 PM » Author: DimBulb
When I see the name Suzuki, I always think of my mom because that was her maiden name! (no relation to the motorcycle)
She actually worked for Toshiba in Japan before coming to the States.

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: 13 years on Lighting Gallery « Reply #9 on: September 02, 2023, 03:58:14 PM » Author: suzukir122
@Dimbulb, that's interesting. Is she/everyone on your mom's side of the family from there? My mom/everyone on her side of the family is from Barbados!
I've only been in Barbados one time, when I was 3 years old, up around the time I first discovered my interest in lighting.
But yeah, Suzukir122 was an ill-thought up name that I came up with at complete random, when I was a kid. This was also back when I thought that
a Suzuki R1 existed.  :'-) :'-) At the time, I didn't know that the "R1" motorcycles were from Yamaha... I thought they were made by Suzuki. That's
how my username was born.  :lol:

Interests:

DimBulb

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: 13 years on Lighting Gallery « Reply #10 on: September 02, 2023, 04:09:36 PM » Author: DimBulb
That's cool about your user name!
Yeah my mom was Japanese (she passed in 2010). My dad was from Missouri and met my mom when he was stationed in Japan while in the army.

Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: 13 years on Lighting Gallery « Reply #11 on: September 02, 2023, 10:32:58 PM » Author: Econolite03
In December it will be 3 years for me. I almost gave up first week but stayed. Almost felt like yesterday.

Now on Linktree

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: 13 years on Lighting Gallery « Reply #12 on: September 02, 2023, 11:46:31 PM » Author: suzukir122
@Dimbulb, I'm sorry to hear about your mothers passing. That must've been tough. Hopefully you've been making it through, but that's easier said than done.
I lost my Grandma on my dad's side back in 2013, and it still hits me hard, up to this day. Lost my Grandma on my mom's side as well, in 2022. Since she
was in Barbados all of my life, I never got to see her.
@Econolite03, I don't even remember anything about when I made my profile, but I do remember YouTube and motorcycling... somehow playing a significant role.
That's right... motorcycles. Had it not been for motorcycles, I probably wouldn't have encountered Lighting Gallery... or I would've encountered it
much, much later on within these years.

Interests:

rlshieldjr

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: 13 years on Lighting Gallery « Reply #13 on: January 07, 2024, 12:59:45 AM » Author: rlshieldjr
I have been on LG for about 15 years now, my first picture is of a Pasadena radial wave lit. Dec 2008. My how time flies.
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: 13 years on Lighting Gallery « Reply #14 on: January 07, 2024, 03:46:10 AM » Author: suzukir122
Yep. Very familiar username @rlshieldjr. I remember seeing your username back then too. Time does definitely fly. Only 7 more months and I'll have been on LG for 14 years. Wow.
For my 15th year here if I'm still alive, I may do a small burnout in a YouTube video as a celebration. Maybe.

Interests:

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies