Author Topic: What did you do today NOT lighting wise  (Read 56411 times)
BT25

View Posts
View Gallery

Vintage HID Collector

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #510 on: April 25, 2024, 01:21:34 AM » Author: BT25
I had 2 jeeps that had the 5 speed trannies.  An 89 Cherokee, and an 89 Wrangler.  They were fun but that was when I was younger. Now a days I appreciate the auto trannies.  Now.. If I had a sports car I might enjoy a manual but we'll see.

I'm with you on that...still like stick shifts, even though I don't own any currently. (Getting older stinks. >:( )
(Used to make fun of "granny tranny" cars back in the day...Oldsmobile and Buick especially. :lol: )

First known case of Westinghouse Lifeguard Disease! :lol:
If you can say yes to any of the following, you may have it too: :poof:
Can't resist buying more even if you already have an example in your collection? :lol:
Bank account/CC statement shows unnecessary spending? ::)

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #511 on: April 26, 2024, 03:48:37 PM » Author: suzukir122
Just bought a new strut for my sport car to fix the strut issue I've been facing for the last 3 months. (Two new rear struts) Added to that, I've
got incoming money on the way for an additional car, (this next car will be a non turboed automatic... for my daily usage.) AND, just purchased my
final two Metal Halide wallpacks for the garage. (will be 8 identical MH wallpacks in total)
... sweet.  8)

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #512 on: May 05, 2024, 09:40:23 AM » Author: Rommie
Well this was Friday, not today, but it's still hurting so it counts  :-\
Managed to slip in the rain at the top of a flight of about a dozen steps at Little Venice, and went crash bang OWW..  :poof:

Gashed my leg open and let some of the 'ed 'tuff out, it's ok-ish now, but still yells a lot  :'(

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #513 on: May 05, 2024, 06:18:25 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
 :beacon: Not good Ria !! Did you have to get any stitches ?? Get better soon !!  :cat: :cat: :cat:

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #514 on: May 05, 2024, 06:22:50 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Fortunately it didn't need any stitches, just bandaging up, she'll give a full account of what happened later on.

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #515 on: May 06, 2024, 06:28:08 PM » Author: Rommie
Not much else to say, really. Went crash bang owww down the steps and that was it..! It's slowly getting better, we're back home tomorrow, so a couple of days bed rest with an ice pack will help.

Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #516 on: May 06, 2024, 06:33:00 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Using a bag of fruzzed peas is a cheap solution for an ice pack. :wndr:
Of course they're not fit for eating afterwards, but as we don't eat peas we'll be all right... :mrg:

Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #517 on: May 07, 2024, 10:56:54 PM » Author: suzukir122
Just spent 5 hours... attempting... to drill out a broken bolt in my rear strut mount of my sport car. Failed miserably.
I've tried right handed drill bits with penetrating oil, left handed drill bits with penetrating oil, several extractors
including the famous "Grabit" extractors. Everything failed, miserably. The Grabit extractor actually slipped out of the
drill.
Either the drill is very weak, or maybe I'm doing something wrong.
And yes, I reversed the drill for the extractors and the left handed drill bits.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

LightsAreBright27

View Posts
View Gallery

Cheap LED Assassin

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #518 on: May 10, 2024, 12:21:58 PM » Author: LightsAreBright27
Today I went to a go kart racing area, turns out driving without power steering is very hard.

Holder of the rare and sacred :sfl: F10T12/BL :sfl: lamps here!
Also known as LAB27 for short.
245v 50Hz

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #519 on: May 10, 2024, 02:07:38 PM » Author: Rommie
Heh..! Tell me about it, I once had the power steering fail halfway around a roundabout in one of these  :poof:  :mrg:

LightsAreBright27

View Posts
View Gallery

Cheap LED Assassin

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #520 on: May 10, 2024, 02:39:16 PM » Author: LightsAreBright27
In the go kart, ther was a problem with the accelerator line when it got tangled (kept on). Since the area didn't allow crashing (even with rubber bumpers and old tyres as the lining if the track), I was holding the break every second of it.

They told me never to press the break and accelerator both at the same time, I wonder, does it take a screenshot if you do so? :lol:

Also, having power steering fail on a double deck bus must have been terrific @-@ !
« Last Edit: Today at 03:22:27 AM by LightsAreBright27 » Logged

Holder of the rare and sacred :sfl: F10T12/BL :sfl: lamps here!
Also known as LAB27 for short.
245v 50Hz

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #521 on: May 10, 2024, 06:40:30 PM » Author: Rommie
Yeah, it was interesting..! Got it round ok though, put all the passengers on the next bus and limped it back to the garage, fortunately it was only a couple of miles away.

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #522 on: Today at 10:02:52 AM » Author: wide-lite 1000
 The power steering in my old van has been dead for over a year now . As long as you're moving , it's not too bad but if your stopped or moving slowly , i.e. trying to go into or out of a parking space , IT'S AWFUL !! .

I've driven plenty of vehicles with no power steering and some with no power brakes . After awhile , you do get used to it a bit .  The '66 mustang I used to own had non-power , drum brakes at all 4 corners . Once you got used to it and learned to apply more initial pressure , it stopped similar to a modern car . The issue was when you got back into a "normal" car with 4 wheel power disc brakes you'd just about launch yourself thru the windsheild the 1st time you tried to stop !!  :mrg:

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #523 on: Today at 10:15:42 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
I can see how that would be a problem...  :lol:
I remember the time I was out cycling when the cable for the rear brakes snapped.!  :poof:
I was going down a fairly steep hill that had a series of 90o bends on it, I got round two of them at about 30mph, but came off at the third and went sailing over the handlebars, fortunately landing in a soft newly dug flowerbed.! :o

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #524 on: Today at 10:34:47 AM » Author: wide-lite 1000
 I quickly learned to apply the brakes on the Mustang using my heel instead of the normal method , your toes . As for the bicycle , last time I went over the bars , I ended up in a blackberry bush !!  :o :beacon: :beacon:

My most memorable bike incident damn near killed me ! I had bought an old 3-speed bike at a garage sale for next to nothing and rode the daylights out of it . It had the Sturmey-Archer 3-speed mech. and full chrome fenders with cable brakes .  When I bought it , the rear fender had the mount which holds it to the frame by the rear brake had come loose from the fender . It was still attached at the rear and at the front so I never bothered with it even though it rattled like hell . WELL , one day I was riding to my friends house and going down a long hill as fast as I could peddle in 3rd gear . I hit a small bump in the road which caused the now fatigued front mount to also fail which then let the fender fall onto the tire , rotating it so the fender was between the tire and the road ! NOT GOOD !!!  The bike ended up totaled I I wound up in the Emergency room !!   

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies