Author Topic: Are there other Aspies that me?  (Read 2831 times)
VPL

View Posts
View Gallery
VPL come from my name, not english accronym :)

Are there other Aspies that me? « on: September 20, 2023, 06:09:00 AM » Author: VPL
That makes me to concentrate to very detailed things of light technology.
No matter are they HID, LED's an so on. Bad things also makes me very worried and anxious. It,s a negative side.

VPL come from my name, not english accronym :)

rjluna2

View Posts
View Gallery

Robert

GoL
Re: Are there other Aspies that me? « Reply #1 on: September 20, 2023, 10:15:37 AM » Author: rjluna2
I do have mild autism and have out grown as I have aged :)

Pretty, please no more Chinese failure.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Are there other Aspies that me? « Reply #2 on: September 20, 2023, 11:50:13 AM » Author: Rommie
There are numerous other topics on this subject if you search. I'm also mildly autistic, I think a lot of us here are. It seems to be a fairly common trait amongst collectors.

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

HIDLad001

View Posts
View Gallery

Alex - a fan of Jefferson Electric ballasts

GoL UCwvPaxz1-rbLAjLpk55zl1A
Re: Are there other Aspies that me? « Reply #3 on: September 20, 2023, 02:46:48 PM » Author: HIDLad001
I second that.

Admin edit - unnecessary quote removed.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2023, 03:38:26 PM by Rommie » Logged

If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it
HID Fixtures should stay HID, but I think LED is fine too.
Any new photos are taken with a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35!
Local power is 120/240VAC 60Hz, TV is NTSC 480i 59.94, DTV is ATSC 1.0 and simulcast ATSC 3.0.
-Using Lighting-Gallery since 2022-

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Are there other Aspies that me? « Reply #4 on: September 20, 2023, 03:40:02 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
@ Robert, I don't think you out grow your autism, you just learn ways to cope with it.  :wndr:

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

rjluna2

View Posts
View Gallery

Robert

GoL
Re: Are there other Aspies that me? « Reply #5 on: September 20, 2023, 04:18:44 PM » Author: rjluna2
Thanks, Sammi ;)

Pretty, please no more Chinese failure.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Are there other Aspies that me? « Reply #6 on: September 20, 2023, 06:15:26 PM » Author: Rommie
I know one thing, I've become much more aware of my autism in recent years  :-\

Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Are there other Aspies that me? « Reply #7 on: September 20, 2023, 06:17:13 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Thankfully, she has me by her side to help her get through things  :-* :love: :cat:

Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Are there other Aspies that me? « Reply #8 on: September 20, 2023, 06:24:14 PM » Author: Rommie
Couldn't survive without you, sweetheart  :-* :love: :cat:

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Are there other Aspies that me? « Reply #9 on: September 20, 2023, 08:10:07 PM » Author: Cole D.
I think I have Autism, OCD and possibly other things as well.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Are there other Aspies that me? « Reply #10 on: September 20, 2023, 08:13:44 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
It seems as if it's a common theme amongst lighting collectors.  :wndr:
And probably amongst collectors of other niche items as well.

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

CoolBeans

View Posts
View Gallery

Say no to generic EXIT signs

UCgS0pNTqygf9BJruCGNd_yA
Re: Are there other Aspies that me? « Reply #11 on: September 21, 2023, 12:10:52 AM » Author: CoolBeans
I am clinically diagnosed on the spectrum as well. Also diagnosed ADHD and an SLD. For decades these were my dirty secrets that I wanted gone and people to forget my struggles. I now acknowledge and accept that these things will always affect some aspect of life.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2023, 11:50:38 AM by CoolBeans » Logged
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Are there other Aspies that me? « Reply #12 on: September 21, 2023, 09:24:12 PM » Author: Cole D.
For me it really doesn’t matter because I don’t have any friends anymore. I don’t have a relationship or children and can’t afford a home due to these things, so don’t fit in anyway at my age.

As long as it doesn’t affect me able to hold down a job, and do what errands I need to in order to survive, then I’ll be alright with autism, OCD and social anxiety.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Are there other Aspies that me? « Reply #13 on: September 22, 2023, 09:59:07 AM » Author: Rommie
@ Cole D - Awww, don't say that, you have friends here  :love:

We do hope you find someone to share your life with though; finding Sammi quite literally saved my life. Without her, I doubt I'd be here now  :-* :love:

Maxim

View Posts
View Gallery

Stop replacing fixtures that can be retrofitted.

Re: Are there other Aspies that me? « Reply #14 on: September 22, 2023, 12:00:05 PM » Author: Maxim
I don't know how far I am on the spectrum- (as I'm not diagnosed) but I most definitely think I have a mild, albeit high-functioning case of autism.

My mom has a very small amount, and my brain is set up the same way hers is and methods that she finds effective I find to be too.

And, my obsession with lighting definitely solidifies these claims; most collectors out there are individuals with differently-wired brains than the average Joe, and in a good way.

I've had this obsession for as long as I remember. The first photo I took on my dad's 2013 Canon was a photo of a 250/400W metal halide (or maybe MV) flood light at a swim meet. I was five at the time.

I don't have all too many friends, but the ones I do have are the people dearest to me... and most also have their own small collections, like one collects RC cars, the other collects playing cards, etc. None of us are diagnosed, and none of us are on medication because a) It would strip us of our personalities and b) I've learned to cope with what I have! Having OCD and ADHD definitely comes in handy at times; it's what allows me to be a perfectionist in school and get straight As...

Collector of all kinds of lamps, gear, and fixtures.
My favorite lighting technologies at the moment are incandescent and mercury vapor, and my favorite Big 3 lighting brand of the late 20th century is GTE Sylvania.

About that Westinghouse Lifeguard disease, I think I've caught it. Thanks Eric! 8)

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies