Author Topic: What did you do today NOT lighting wise  (Read 57213 times)
LightsAreBright27

View Posts
View Gallery

Cheap LED Assassin

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #480 on: April 05, 2024, 08:03:12 AM » Author: LightsAreBright27
Today I found a stack of insulators. Sadly only was able to take a few because of their weight. The small one is like a cup, but probably dangerous to drink from it.

Holder of the rare and sacred :sfl: F10T12/BL :sfl: lamps here!
Also known as LAB27 for short.
One of the only Indian members here!
245v 50Hz

Laurens

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #481 on: April 06, 2024, 01:47:20 PM » Author: Laurens
I've been restoring an 1920s desk fan. This thing had a nasty coat of white paint, and the motor windings were on the verge of catastrophic failure - already heating up and charring in parts.

I've wound new coils (still gotta put them in) and re-painted the metal parts, in the original black color.
Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #482 on: April 08, 2024, 09:33:35 PM » Author: Bulbman256
I got glasses, got to see the lamps in full HD yknow.

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

LightsAreBright27

View Posts
View Gallery

Cheap LED Assassin

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #483 on: April 09, 2024, 02:27:07 AM » Author: LightsAreBright27
Old cds and dvds with my old memories are starting to rot :'( . I'm trying to recover this one, it seems somewhat readable by my only computer which has a disk drive.

245v 50Hz

icefoglights

View Posts
View Gallery

ITT Low Pressure Sodium NEMA

GoL
Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #484 on: April 09, 2024, 02:50:26 AM » Author: icefoglights
I ran into that problem.  Had three Kodak photo CDs from 1999.  One read fine.  One wouldn't read in one machine but would in a different one.  The 3rd one was already delaminated and unreadable.  I have the original negatives, so I scanned them.  Issue was that my film scanner is designed for and has holders for 35mm film, and this was APS, so I ended up finding a holder that someone had 3D printed, along with an APS cartridge tool.

01010010 01101111 01100010 01100101 01110010 01110100

LightsAreBright27

View Posts
View Gallery

Cheap LED Assassin

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #485 on: April 09, 2024, 10:47:59 AM » Author: LightsAreBright27
It looks like the crack is just about to damage the data sector. The video reads perfectly but while copying files, the progress bar turns red and time goes from 5 min to 3hr 30min. Waited an entire day but no success.

245v 50Hz

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #486 on: April 12, 2024, 08:22:03 PM » Author: suzukir122
I sold my Mazda 3 this morning, so I'm down to just one car (Genesis) for the time being, which is currently down due to a suspension issue. I'm hoping to fix that tomorrow night. I've also ordered several parts for the fix, which are all set to arrive tomorrow. Very easy fix.  I'm hoping I can find another car to replace the Mazda soon. Not to say that I think the Mazda was an unreliable car -- I know it's a good car -- but the one thing about that car that was a deal breaker for me: the missing temperature gauge. I need a temperature gauge so that I can have a better understanding of how high or low the engine temperature is. << This part is frustrating. I'm honestly not sure what their motive was when they decided not to install a temperature gauge.
I'm hoping to find a Honda Civic or a Honda Accord, as my next car.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #487 on: April 12, 2024, 09:44:28 PM » Author: RyanF40T12
I had a 2023 Mazda 3 as a rental, it was a cute little thing, not made for tall people though.  If you go with a Civic, make sure to avoid the bad years, Honda had a few bad ones from 2013 thru something, I can't remember..

Had a 2024 F150 rental earlier this week, it was a great truck overall, loads of power, fun to press the go peddle on, but the cabin was very uncomfortable for me.  The mirrors were very awkward as well. 

The more you hate the LED movement, the stronger it becomes.

icefoglights

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #488 on: April 12, 2024, 09:50:53 PM » Author: icefoglights
I rented a 3 back in 2008.  Loved it.  Much better than the Kia Spectra that proceeded it, or the Kia Rio that followed it.  In fact, some of my earliest postings on this site rode in its trunk.

I later rented a 2014 3, and I remember the blue/red temperature light.

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #489 on: April 13, 2024, 02:31:05 AM » Author: suzukir122
Did the 2008 Mazda 3 have a temperature gauge? Mine was a 2011. I know that the Mazda 3 isn't a bad car, and some of them can be fun, but the blue/red temp
light idea messed up the experience for me. Especially in crucial situations like the coolant leak issue I was facing.
I've been told that I should probably buy a truck. Since I do own a motorcycle, the truck bed would definitely be needed... so I've been thinking about it.
Right now I'm leaning much more towards the Accord, since I've heard very good things about that car. Before I forget, my dad actually owned an accord for
a little while. I think he sold it though. His was a 2015 model.

Interests:
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #490 on: April 13, 2024, 07:13:54 AM » Author: Rommie
@ suzukir122 - "down to just one car"... I've never known what it's like to have more than one, although I did have a car and a motorcycle together for a while, not the same thing, though.

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #491 on: April 13, 2024, 08:28:44 AM » Author: suzukir122
@Rommie, to be honest, owning two cars is awesome! Especially when one is automatic, while the other is manual. It's weird switching from a manual back
to automatic, because you end up naturally searching for a clutch pedal that isn't there.
To my dismay though, both cars were down... so I had to use my motorcycle as my main source of transportation. Motorcycle riding is awesome, but when it's
your only source of transportation, it does take the fun out of it. Just a little. :lol:

Interests:

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #492 on: April 13, 2024, 09:18:23 AM » Author: Rommie
I know what you mean, the car I have now is the only automatic I've ever had, so I do find myself looking for a non-existent clutch pedal sometimes..! I also occasionally reach for a gear lever, and as the car is LHD and I'm used to RHD, I bang my hand against the door  :mrg:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #493 on: April 14, 2024, 12:09:22 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
 My problem is that I have a yard full of cars but only 3 are drivable and only ONE is suitalbe for long trips !

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

icefoglights

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #494 on: April 14, 2024, 06:52:12 PM » Author: icefoglights
For 12 years, I had two vehicles, with one being automatic and the other was stick shift.  They were both quite different, so I had no trouble switching back and forth.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies