Author Topic: PLs and T8s for homes in Israel, seems to be phased out in favor of CFLs and T5s  (Read 1619 times)
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

PLs and T8s for homes in Israel, seems to be phased out in favor of CFLs and T5s « on: December 22, 2011, 06:55:05 AM » Author: dor123
When i was in Tel-Hanan center with my father, we entered to Machsanei Teura, Logo Teura lighting stores and Home Center hardware stores in order to find a new wall mounted fixture for 2-pin PL-S and switchstart/preheat ballast, and didn't found any PL fixture.
Even more: the sellers of all 3 stores, said me, that PL fixtures aren't sold in Israel anymore!!!  >:( >:( >:(
So the only option that was open for me, were CFLs, halogen and LEDs
Another ugly thing: i noticed that Machsanei Teura and Logo Teura, regarding to linear fluorescent lamps, sells only junk T5 HF fixtures and nothing else!!!! Only Home Center still sells magnetic T8.
I want to ask you: What is the status of magnetic PLs and T8s for homes in you countries? ???
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 08:27:44 AM by dor123 » Logged

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: PLs and T8s for homes in Israel, seems to be phased out in favor of CFLs and T5s « Reply #1 on: December 22, 2011, 09:25:17 AM » Author: Medved
In hobby centers (Bauhaus, Hornbach, Baumax,...) they still sell magnetic ballasted T8, even spare magnetic ballasts.
IKEA still sell some PL-S 9W fixtures
But stores specialized for home lighting appear, like no fluorescents exist at all.
And specialized online stores have rather everything (what is still legal of course, so no frosted incandescents).

No more selfballasted c***

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies