Author Topic: Sylvania Metalarc M47 Floodlight bulbs  (Read 400 times)
KarenatWarsash

View Posts
View Gallery

Sylvania Metalarc M47 Floodlight bulbs « on: May 06, 2024, 09:18:57 AM » Author: KarenatWarsash
I have 11 Sylvania Metalarc M47 Floodlight bulbs, that my tennis Club no longer needs because we have converted to LED. We would like them to go to a good home. Would anyone like them?
Maxim

View Posts
View Gallery

Stop replacing fixtures that can be retrofitted.

Re: Sylvania Metalarc M47 Floodlight bulbs « Reply #1 on: May 07, 2024, 03:40:59 PM » Author: Maxim
Any chance you could post some photos? Also, where are you located?
« Last Edit: May 08, 2024, 10:49:28 PM by Maxim » Logged

Collector of all kinds of lamps, gear, and fixtures.
My favorite lighting technologies at the moment are incandescent and mercury vapor, and my favorite Big 3 lighting brand of the late 20th century is GTE Sylvania.

About that Westinghouse Lifeguard disease, I think I've caught it. Thanks Eric! 8)

Mustang07

View Posts
View Gallery

jon.leach.7
Re: Sylvania Metalarc M47 Floodlight bulbs « Reply #2 on: May 08, 2024, 09:15:16 PM » Author: Mustang07
I might be interested in a few.

"I know what dude I am. I'm the dude playin' the dude, disguised as another dude!"

KarenatWarsash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Sylvania Metalarc M47 Floodlight bulbs « Reply #3 on: May 09, 2024, 02:40:09 PM » Author: KarenatWarsash
Thanks - here is a photo.
I'm in South Hampshire, in the UK.
LightBulbFun

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Sylvania Metalarc M47 Floodlight bulbs « Reply #4 on: May 10, 2024, 02:15:32 PM » Author: LightBulbFun
Hello I would certainly be interested in taking these off your hands, I mean I dont need 11 of them, but if no one else comes forward, I would gladly be there to give them a good home :)

but what I am also interested in, is do you know what happened to the fixtures they where used with, are they still about? I would love see what the fixtures are, and what control gear/ballast they have if you have any pictures of that?

I have been looking myself for a specific type of M47 ballast and I am wondering if these floodlights might contain such ballasts?

My other hobby is buses, especially the Routemaster (formerly Bulb Freak)

Mercury Halide

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Sylvania Metalarc M47 Floodlight bulbs « Reply #5 on: May 13, 2024, 12:38:02 PM » Author: Mercury Halide
Too bad I don't live in the UK. I've been working for this dealership for 5 years with three 1,000 watt MH floodlights that I am trying hard to keep lit, sometimes out of my own pocket. In the process trying to prevent the GM from noticing any of those lights out and therefore telling the maintenance guy to replace them with LED. :bumh: :bumh: :bumh:
Metal Halide Boy

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Sylvania Metalarc M47 Floodlight bulbs « Reply #6 on: May 14, 2024, 08:11:18 AM » Author: Metal Halide Boy
If you watch Facebook Marketplace they do pop up sometimes.
KarenatWarsash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Sylvania Metalarc M47 Floodlight bulbs « Reply #7 on: May 14, 2024, 10:29:28 AM » Author: KarenatWarsash
Hi,
I don't know anything about ballast, I'm afraid. I've found the original planning application, that contains a reference to 'ballast' - I'll attach that and hope it means something to you.
The fittings and everything other than the bulbs were removed by the lighting contractor who converted the floodlights to LED.
And I've also found another photo of the bulb, if that's of any use.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies