Author Topic: A decent portion of my collection was stolen.  (Read 1211 times)
HomeBrewLamps

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
A decent portion of my collection was stolen. « on: May 30, 2022, 11:53:05 AM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
So I had some of my stuff stored in a garage at my old house. Because I didn't have space for it yet. Well on Saturday I went to go grab some stuff and the garage was completely cleared.

Along with bulbs, I lost tools and a moped. While this is rather unfortunate. I DID not lose any super rare lamps. I still have my colored fluorescents, the Westinghouse X Lamp, the medium pressure AH1, the C phosphored and W phosphored mercury lamps. And what not else. But this has revealed to me that I no longer find it worth it to stock hundreds of lamps. I still have a ton of 175 watt mercury lamps, 35 watt sodiums. 55 watt low pressure sodiums and 70 watt halides. And I think I will just stick it out with these and stop collecting burner bulbs.

I've been needing to downsize my things anyway and I guess this is just luck/karmas way of speed tracking that.

It's funny how right angryhorse is. Although it's not so much that I've lost interest in the technologies themselves. But having hundreds of bulbs laying around taking up storage.

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

Andy

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: A decent portion of my collection was stolen. « Reply #1 on: May 30, 2022, 11:59:50 AM » Author: Andy
Sorry to hear that you had stuff stolen!  :curse:
Glad though that you did not lose the rare lamps.

I'm always interested in exchanging lamps with others. Send me a message if you would be interested in a trade. :)

Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: A decent portion of my collection was stolen. « Reply #2 on: May 30, 2022, 12:25:01 PM » Author: Econolite03
I’m sorry man, whoever stole them should go _____ themselves. 
 :curse:

Now on Linktree

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: A decent portion of my collection was stolen. « Reply #3 on: May 30, 2022, 12:42:51 PM » Author: Rommie
That's a bummer, you need to keep an eye on eBay or wherever and see if they come up for sale anywhere  >:(

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Lightingguy1994
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: A decent portion of my collection was stolen. « Reply #4 on: May 30, 2022, 03:01:19 PM » Author: Lightingguy1994
Wow thats really unfortunate to hear, I hope theres a lead on getting it back. As if there are people who steal lighting equipment. This is my biggest fear and is why I have not felt comfortable in offsite storage for my lights.

Administrator #5

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: A decent portion of my collection was stolen. « Reply #5 on: May 30, 2022, 06:46:43 PM » Author: joseph_125
Thats a shame to hear. I'm glad you kept the rare stuff safe though. Unfortunately if it was scrappers they probably grabbed any fixtures and ballasts for the metal content. I'm not sure about the lamps though.
HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

Long live the HPS and SOX!

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Re: A decent portion of my collection was stolen. « Reply #6 on: May 30, 2022, 07:12:32 PM » Author: HPS_250
That’s a shame to hear about, I wasn’t really even aware that people would be interested in stealing lighting equipment. I agree that fixtures were probably taken for scrap value but I’m not really sure why they took lamps. If you don’t end up being able to get any of that stuff back, at least you still have your rare lamps and especially the Westinghouse /X. Sorry about the moped and tools in that garage too.

I’ve always been interested in all kinds of lighting, mainly incandescent and HID, and especially all kinds of sodium lamps (HPS/LPS). I’ll tolerate LED but I’m not a fan of it.
I’m not proud to say that my city has Devolved to LED.

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: A decent portion of my collection was stolen. « Reply #7 on: May 30, 2022, 11:13:03 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
Sounds to me like someone just cleared out the garage . Scrappers would have only taken metal and thieves would have only taken things that were valuable/easy to sell . The fact that they took everything means that someone just emptied out the garage.

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: A decent portion of my collection was stolen. « Reply #8 on: May 30, 2022, 11:24:46 PM » Author: joseph_125
Yeah, I wonder if that's the case. HomeBrewLamps, did you own or rent the house where you had the stuff stored in. If you were renting I would get in touch with the landlord ASAP about it.
108CAM

View Posts
View Gallery

Diehard MV, HPS, SOX & Preheat Fluorescent Fanatic

UCG6Xojn8dNgDuN9J7_Gnj8w
Re: A decent portion of my collection was stolen. « Reply #9 on: May 31, 2022, 07:27:46 PM » Author: 108CAM
I'm sorry to hear that part of your collection was stolen but I'm very happy that all the rare stuff and the Westy /x lamp are safe.

Fluro starter pings combined with a 50hz ballast hum and blinking tubes is music to my ears.

Rest in Peace Electronic Lamp Manufacturers of Australia
1925-2002

Bring back the AJF Zodiacs!

Total incidents since joining LG: 17
Lamps accidently broken or smashed: 14
Ballast explosions/burnouts: 3

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: A decent portion of my collection was stolen. « Reply #10 on: May 31, 2022, 11:12:19 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Sorry to hear that :(
------------------
Tools & a moped I can understand someone stealing, but I can't see why anyone would bother with a bunch of old lights...

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: A decent portion of my collection was stolen. « Reply #11 on: June 01, 2022, 06:25:41 AM » Author: Rommie
I've never understood the criminal mentality. People work hard to earn the money to buy stuff, what gives anyone the right to just take it..?  >:(

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Foxtronix

View Posts
View Gallery

Formerly "TiCoune66". Also known here as Vince.

GoL UCs4tSgJSCoCIMGThBuaePhA
Re: A decent portion of my collection was stolen. « Reply #12 on: June 01, 2022, 07:11:40 PM » Author: Foxtronix
Maybe that person just wanted to get richer at somebody else's expense. But thefts driven by a drug addiction seem far from uncommon...

But I digress.

On the bright side, you still have the most valuable pieces, and the fact you weren't around when it happened may have prevented this incident from going south. Who knows what would've happened if you caught that person loading their vehicle, with all the gun violence going on lately...

My mindset about collecting kind of shifted in the same way, although it was after different events. In my case I had to dispose of a sizable part of my stock, mostly the bulky items like most >4ft fluorescent fixtures, keeping only the three most valuable ones plus two additional units that used to be preheat (even those two I'm not sure I'm going to keep them).

bulb_tester2009

View Posts
View Gallery

Resolutely crack down on inferior LED lighting!!

GoL
Re: A decent portion of my collection was stolen. « Reply #13 on: June 15, 2022, 11:09:22 PM » Author: bulb_tester2009
I had no reason to steal the lamps I was still using >:(. Unless it's the tubes they knock out or throw away, I'll take them if they're intact.

I've been collecting light bulbs since I was 2 years old and I've been collecting them ever since.
 :hps::hps::hps:
由于我来自中国,所以英语不精通,大部分内容都是翻译的,所以可能不通顺,请大家谅解
Note:
Bulb base in China:E12(CES) E14(SES) B22d(BC) E27(ES) E40(GES)

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies