Author Topic: 2x Osram XBO 8000w Short Arc Xenon Lamps for Sale  (Read 789 times)
acato1

View Posts
View Gallery

2x Osram XBO 8000w Short Arc Xenon Lamps for Sale « on: December 01, 2023, 04:28:06 PM » Author: acato1
Pair of rare and discontinued Osram XBO 8000 HS OFR Short Arc Xenon Projector/Searchlight Lamps.

Anode cable separated from the lamps and tested for around an hour each since new, otherwise unused.

I need to clear these, as now donated our searchlights to Ukraine, reasonable offers considered.

Based in UK, can post. Adequate PPE required when handling these due to high pressure.
Rommie
Re: 2x Osram XBO 8000w Short Arc Xenon Lamps for Sale « Reply #1 on: December 01, 2023, 05:19:34 PM » Author: Rommie
I've always found these lamps interesting, but I don't think I'd actually want to be in the same room as one :poof: :mrg:
acato1

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: 2x Osram XBO 8000w Short Arc Xenon Lamps for Sale « Reply #2 on: December 01, 2023, 07:02:18 PM » Author: acato1
Not for the faint of heart thats for sure!!

[Admin edit - unnecessary quote removed]
« Last Edit: December 01, 2023, 07:25:59 PM by Rommie » Logged
LightBulbFun

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: 2x Osram XBO 8000w Short Arc Xenon Lamps for Sale « Reply #3 on: December 02, 2023, 12:25:38 AM » Author: LightBulbFun
Ooooh I'd love one of these (or the pair :) ) for the collection, I dont actually have any short arc Xenon lamps in the collection and I have always wanted one, but im not sure what a reasonable offer is for one of these?

although if this is your eBay listing for them

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/305296369634

then sadly even the starting bid is pretty far out of my budget, and I think probably out of the budget of most collectors on here

I mean I can make an offer, but compared to what your asking it would probably not be considered a reasonable offer.

I imagine if you wanted to sell them for that amount, your best would probably be to talk to any cinema or search light operators that you know use the same 8000W XBO lamps

My other hobby is buses, especially the Routemaster (formerly Bulb Freak)

acato1

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: 2x Osram XBO 8000w Short Arc Xenon Lamps for Sale « Reply #4 on: December 02, 2023, 03:41:51 AM » Author: acato1
Thanks for the response and advice, yes this is my listing. I appreciate this, I would consider around the starting bid. Price is slightly higher on eBay due to fees etc but this is roughly what I'm looking for at this stage. I believe these lamps were priced at well over £1000 each new.

7000w and below xenon lamps are cheaper and more available, although I've now sold all of mine unfortunately.

There are a few operators I'm aware of so will look into approaching them.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2023, 03:49:37 AM by acato1 » Logged
Alex

View Posts
View Gallery

feel free to ask questions

Re: 2x Osram XBO 8000w Short Arc Xenon Lamps for Sale « Reply #5 on: December 03, 2023, 04:12:26 AM » Author: Alex
Yeah, 350 quid ain´t to bad, especially for these bigger lamps. Especially if they are new. I see the problem that way. The price is more then fair, but out of budget for most collectors, especially as the collectors market for these is limited. And here we are in the difficulty of selling special industry lamps.
You have a very expensive lamp that cost $1000 or multitudes of that. So even you if you sell it for 20-30% of original price you priced out almost all collectors. However who else is going to buy these. With lamps in the area of XBo from 450W-6kW small undependent cinemas do ore event companies how runs the in skybeamers were catastrophic failure is not to problematic. But these are to big for that. Big companies? Hell no, no warranty, no insurance, difficult to buy from private, is the lamp even genuine?

My advise to you is, stick them in eBay and wait. It will take long, and their won´t be an auction war, however at some point in the future somebody will put a bit in.

Dez, if its just for the sack of an XBO, pop me a PN, is still have a few decent one for collection. Not crystal clear but nit black, except you want a heavy blacken does, this I have as well  ;)

Glück auf ⚒️

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies