Author Topic: Finds of the day  (Read 67200 times)
CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #315 on: November 02, 2021, 06:58:37 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Oh nice! I find industrial areas tend to be missed from the conversions, perhaps they're rentals to the industrial buildings and subdivisions.

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #316 on: November 03, 2021, 01:12:03 AM » Author: wide-lite 1000
Not here ! The industrial park I work in was converted to LED approximately 3-4 years ago  We went from having 100w HPS shoeboxes to Holophane LED teardrops . Honestly , no great loss as the shoeboxes sucked and the poles were so rotten that several blew over on windy days .

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: Finds of the day « Reply #317 on: November 06, 2021, 04:32:07 PM » Author: LightsoftheWest
I saw three LPS wall packs today! :lps: I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw that LPS still existed in Washington state. My first time seeing them here, too.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2021, 05:07:30 PM by LightsoftheWest » Logged

LG's #1 North American light fixture identifier

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Finds of the day « Reply #318 on: November 06, 2021, 04:44:28 PM » Author: joseph_125
Great find! Which style were they?
fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #319 on: November 08, 2021, 07:28:05 PM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
Home Depot near me has converted all their interior lights to LED, and three HPS lights. Their exterior lights remain HID for now.

Knockdown close to that Home Depot.
Das Rheingold

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #320 on: November 13, 2021, 05:47:55 PM » Author: Das Rheingold
I noticed on one of my drives that someone has a small MV Security Light on their shed in their backyard, nice to see that distinctive MV glow  :D

My preference: Mercury Vapor > High Pressure Sodium > Metal Halide > Low Pressure Sodium > Incandescent > LED

Classical music appreciator, lover of all things machinery

fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #321 on: November 13, 2021, 05:53:36 PM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
Yesterday, but...

- More ATBMs replacing HPS lights in Ontario (California).
- Saw some warehouse buildings with new LED lights that replaced MH and CFL (PL-T) wall lights. Two LED lights were also replaced, one of which was vandalized by homeless people.
CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #322 on: November 20, 2021, 07:27:04 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Saw a whole row of ATB2s in Laconia out. Probably something with the underground wires.

Also, something interesting I found: At a small auto shop in Laconia there’s a setup with a fluorescent parking lot light with only one bulb working and the other pole was a RAB YBLED on a fluorescent pole. Today I drove by at night to find the original fluorescent light retrofitted with LED tubes and it seems like they replaced the YBLED with a fluorescent fixture with those LED tubes! I’m sad to see that other fixture go as it was probably the only working one I’ve ever seen.

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #323 on: November 21, 2021, 02:10:44 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Here's an update on the Concord LED conversion. So far most side streets east of I93 are LED and most light to the west of it are still HPS. All 250w and 400w HPS fixtures are still in place at the moment. It also appears that they're putting the "Lighting owned and maintained by" stickers on them.

LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: Finds of the day « Reply #324 on: November 22, 2021, 12:34:39 AM » Author: LightsoftheWest
Saw a Lithonia Lighting TGL in MH on the back of a building today. It was dayburning and hanging on a carabiner hook and powered by cord. Gave me the perfect opportunity to add it to my tribute collage, as there is no documentation on the TGL here.

LG's #1 North American light fixture identifier

Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #325 on: November 22, 2021, 08:53:57 PM » Author: Econolite03
More 5G small cell integrated light standards are going up in SCE territory. The new poles are made by Ameron and feature a round concrete finish and a elliptical arm with typically a cylinder on the top for the antenna setup. Most of these poles feature GE ERL-H, AEL ATBS, or Cooper OVXs and are popping up like weeds. In the end, they say we’ll have faster internet speeds in the future.

Now on Linktree

Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #326 on: November 25, 2021, 01:34:37 AM » Author: Econolite03
If you want to see a city that is pretty much still HPS, then come down to Diamond Bar, CA. The city is littered with SCE relics, streets are lined with hundreds of HPS final-generation GE M-400s. The city owned intersections are also still mostly HPS, almost no LEDs and very few OVHs in sight. I visit this area regularly and it reminds me of the days when everything was just HPS.

Now on Linktree

fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #327 on: November 25, 2021, 01:37:27 PM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
- Ontario, California, is 99% LED now, with the exception of intersections that border other cities - Ontario has kept the HPS lights on their sides. They used AEL Autobahn ATBS and ATBMs in 3000K and 4000K to mass replace the rest of the HPS lights. Noticed only one section that was still HPS.

- New Cooper OVF in 400w HPS. Replaced a GE M-400 FCO. SCE owned light in Hacienda Heights, California.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2021, 12:35:29 AM by fluorescent lover 40 » Logged
CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #328 on: November 25, 2021, 02:21:26 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Headed up to Old Town Maine for Thanksgiving and saw that a few towns along route 202 such as Lebanon and Alfred Maine having CMP install Cooper Navion LEDs. Also, Yarmouth Maine seems to have gone LED using something looking like Archeons or Navions but also, they seemed to have installed Black LED Archeons or ATBMs for the larger fixtures.

High Intensity

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #329 on: November 28, 2021, 03:00:25 PM » Author: High Intensity
Noticed that one of the three 400w MV OV-25s on Stevens Creek Blvd in Santa Clara has started dayburning.

Also noticed that an older Cree/BetaLED streetlight near my local Home Depot in Sunnyvale has started strobing.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies