Author Topic: Saftey of Bucket Lights Indoors  (Read 1585 times)
lightman64

View Posts
View Gallery

Zero 88 Lighting Controls Rule!

Saftey of Bucket Lights Indoors « on: April 11, 2009, 12:08:18 PM » Author: lightman64
Ia it safe to run a 70w HPS bucket light inside? Will it like, catch anything on fire? Carpet? Also, will it overload the breaker?

The future of street lighting is Induction, not nasty HPS lights or cr@ppy LED lights!
Preheat CFL's should make a comeback!

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Saftey of Bucket Lights Indoors « Reply #1 on: April 11, 2009, 02:01:19 PM » Author: Medved
Catch fire: Depend on quality. If you want to be sure, add a ballast thermal fuse and/or add a slow acting breaker to 1.5 * mains current (written on the ballast or fixture label and/or in the manual).
Trip a breaker: If everything is working OK, don't worry, the breaker is there to act, if something really goes bad. If it does sometimes trip, ballast is dying and you should change it. The risk in relying inly to this breaker is, the 15A is too much to reliably protect the ballast, it will serve as a last-stage protection, if everything else fail.

No more selfballasted c***

don93s

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Saftey of Bucket Lights Indoors « Reply #2 on: April 17, 2009, 12:38:40 AM » Author: don93s
The only concern I have with NEMA bucket lights indoors is the possible overheating of the ballast if air circulation is poor. I have a couple in my workroom and use fans on them because they are close to the ceiling where heat builds up and the fixtures get extremely hot.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies