Author Topic: Interactive Radar Glitch?  (Read 226 times)
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Interactive Radar Glitch? « on: April 02, 2024, 10:10:09 AM » Author: suzukir122
Today my area has a serious threat for violent thunderstorms and long track, mile wide tornadoes. For the last few hours, we've had a few thunderstorms
pass by the area... and throughout this time, I've noticed the interactive radar glitching. A LOT. Right now it seems as if it completely froze up.
Anyone else dealing with this, or has anyone ever seen this before?

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: Interactive Radar Glitch? « Reply #1 on: April 03, 2024, 09:50:43 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
This type of activity can be caused by any number of things... a few of the main one being:

* Power to the radar was interrupted (thats just the nature of being in a storm)
* Data/communication to the radar/servers/etc was interrupted.
* The servers are simply overloaded .. remember there will be a ton of people (not just local to that area, but all over the country) trying to access that radar data. The NWS office(s) will get priority over public access (if needed public feed will be cut).

Your weather/radar app will simply show the last available radar image, so it can appear to glitch/ferrze.

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

Richmond2000

View Posts
View Gallery

120V 60HZ

Re: Interactive Radar Glitch? « Reply #2 on: May 12, 2024, 01:27:27 AM » Author: Richmond2000
the news outlets will also get priority routing to the weather service and like posted above the site will have load balancing and parallel content servers likely under heavy traffic the content servers are NOT all up to date and getting updated slowly and that causes "jerking" / stutters
Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Interactive Radar Glitch? « Reply #3 on: Today at 02:05:31 AM » Author: Medved
The thing is, if you are a paying customer for the weather service, you will get more reliable access than someone trying to look at it for free, mainly when the server load approaches its limits...

No more selfballasted c***

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies