Author Topic: vintage lights getting replaced by new lights  (Read 1126 times)
derek anthony

View Posts
View Gallery

vintage lights getting replaced by new lights « on: July 15, 2016, 09:15:39 PM » Author: derek anthony
this is a thread about vintage lighting that got removed, and replaced by newer lighting, share your stories if you have any,

mine

1. we have a older safeway building on Woodstock that got transformed into a bi-mart when the safeway moved into a larger building next door, the building has a arched roof, and it was lit by a bunch of flush mount 8 foot 3 t12 tube strip lights mounted two lights back to back in tandem,(so they made a 16 foot fixture total) and the lights ran in about 6 rows with a beam separating the lights, well about 10 years ago I went into the store and saw the lights were replaced by a bunch of four foot t-8 2 tube strip lights mounted four in tandem, and the new lights are chain hung so you could see the mark where the old fixtures were, and the funny part, the old fixtures worked perfectly, and today about,  half of the new lights either don't work or they have tubes out, in some cases, a whole set of fixtures don't work

2. the public school district is modernizing our old schools, the average age of the buildings are 80 years old, and they contain vintage lighting, I will attach a pic of the lights, and they started with franklin high school, they gutted everything in the building, and the lights will most likely get replaced by newer lighting, the project is not done yet, luckily these lights are used in almost all of the schools, I also would like to get one of the fixtures, but I don't know how
wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: vintage lights getting replaced by new lights « Reply #1 on: July 15, 2016, 10:20:04 PM » Author: wattMaster
It's always sad when old fixtures get "upgraded".

SLS! (Stop LED Streetlights!)

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies