Author Topic: What do you do with your collection?  (Read 1775 times)
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What do you do with your collection? « Reply #15 on: February 19, 2024, 03:29:59 PM » Author: Rommie
Basically, it's tidy.
What does 'tidy' mean..?  :mrg:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Metal Halide Boy

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What do you do with your collection? « Reply #16 on: February 21, 2024, 01:01:28 PM » Author: Metal Halide Boy
I have my lights up on trees all over the yard. And the ones that aren't installed are kind of a storage problem! ;D
Laurens

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What do you do with your collection? « Reply #17 on: February 21, 2024, 05:00:59 PM » Author: Laurens
What does 'tidy' mean..?  :mrg:
It's that mythical condition in which there's in-sight space in your house where you could potentially put things, but just can decide not to. I know, weird, isn't it?!
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What do you do with your collection? « Reply #18 on: February 22, 2024, 01:14:36 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
I love it when people whose first language isn't English get a joke.!  :love:

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What do you do with your collection? « Reply #19 on: February 22, 2024, 03:19:39 PM » Author: Rommie
Who mentioned anything about a joke..?  :mrg:

Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What do you do with your collection? « Reply #20 on: February 24, 2024, 08:27:11 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
What we should do with our collection, is catalogue it on a database, but there are so many crates and boxes to go through it's a daunting task...  :poof:

Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber

HomeBrewLamps

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: What do you do with your collection? « Reply #21 on: March 24, 2024, 05:28:37 AM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
Eventually I want a glass display case for my historically significant, and unique lamps. Occasionally I may run them but for obvious reasons I put very few hours on those.

The rest of the collection is either burner lamps or "vintage but not historically significant" lamps. That either get burned through too or saved if they're interesting. I have a bunch of old 80s era Philips candle bulbs for instance that I put into use regularly in chandeliers because no sense in hoarding 20 of them up for "historical preservation". Once the stock is mostly dried up I might keep one as a display lamp.

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: What do you do with your collection? « Reply #22 on: April 01, 2024, 06:05:22 AM » Author: Econolite03
I stare at bulbs all day then go bed.

Now on Linktree

Maxim

View Posts
View Gallery

Stop replacing fixtures that can be retrofitted.

Re: What do you do with your collection? « Reply #23 on: April 01, 2024, 09:46:38 AM » Author: Maxim
Econolite, that describes me somewhat.  :lol: :lol: :lol:
At least from the perspective of my parents.  :'-)

Collector of all kinds of lamps, gear, and fixtures.
My favorite lighting technologies at the moment are incandescent and mercury vapor, and my favorite Big 3 lighting brand of the late 20th century is GTE Sylvania.

About that Westinghouse Lifeguard disease, I think I've caught it. Thanks Eric! 8)

RRK

View Posts
View Gallery
Roman

Re: What do you do with your collection? « Reply #24 on: April 01, 2024, 01:27:48 PM » Author: RRK
I stare at bulbs all day then go bed.

The next step is to take your valuable lamps *in the bed* ;)

No, I won't confess, no way, heh )

icefoglights

View Posts
View Gallery

ITT Low Pressure Sodium NEMA

GoL
Re: What do you do with your collection? « Reply #25 on: April 21, 2024, 01:23:11 AM » Author: icefoglights
What we should do with our collection, is catalogue it on a database, but there are so many crates and boxes to go through it's a daunting task...  :poof:
LG is my database

01010010 01101111 01100010 01100101 01110010 01110100

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What do you do with your collection? « Reply #26 on: April 21, 2024, 08:17:05 AM » Author: Rommie
It could go down one day, then where would we be..?

Maxim

View Posts
View Gallery

Stop replacing fixtures that can be retrofitted.

Re: What do you do with your collection? « Reply #27 on: April 21, 2024, 11:01:22 AM » Author: Maxim
Don't be so cynical, Ria.  ::)  :angel:
Also, I've been archiving this site for some time now via the Wayback Machine. ;)

Collector of all kinds of lamps, gear, and fixtures.
My favorite lighting technologies at the moment are incandescent and mercury vapor, and my favorite Big 3 lighting brand of the late 20th century is GTE Sylvania.

About that Westinghouse Lifeguard disease, I think I've caught it. Thanks Eric! 8)

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What do you do with your collection? « Reply #28 on: April 21, 2024, 11:03:22 AM » Author: Rommie
Ah, cynical is what you become when you get old and decrepit, you'll get there  ;D

Some things we like to have local copies of; the "cloud" is just that, nebulous and hazy..!

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What do you do with your collection? « Reply #29 on: April 21, 2024, 12:56:55 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
@ icefoglights, but will looking at LG tell you where a particular lamp is.?  :wndr:

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies