Author Topic: Sylvania (SLI) Luxline Plus T5s behaves like ALTOs during turn-on???  (Read 1657 times)
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Sylvania (SLI) Luxline Plus T5s behaves like ALTOs during turn-on??? « on: February 13, 2011, 08:44:40 AM » Author: dor123
Today (Sunday, 13.feb.2011) i was in the offices of the hostels, and they have HF instant start fixtures with two Sylvania (SLI) T5 FHO Luxline Plus 54W lamps each, both inside the offices and outside them.
The T5s outside the offices were off, and when i turned them on, i was greeted with a dim pink light from the krypton+argon buffer gas, with bright light only on the extreme ends of the lamps and this lasted about 3-4 mins until the mercury fully diffused toward the tubes.
Sylvania T5s Luxline Plus don't contains amalgam, but liquid mercury (Like most linear fluorescent lamps, except several special T5s).
So i suspect that this is their characteristics during initial switch on.
So they're no different like the ALTOs in this manner.
Is this the case?
Why this was happened?

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Silverliner
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Rare white reflector

GoL
Re: Sylvania (SLI) Luxline Plus T5s behaves like ALTOs during turn-on??? « Reply #1 on: February 13, 2011, 05:07:52 PM » Author: Silverliner
Are they made in Germany or in Holland?

Administrator of Lighting-Gallery.net. Need help? PM me.

Member of L-G since 2005.

Collector of vintage bulbs, street lights and fluorescent fixtures.

Electrician.

Also a fan of cars, travelling, working out, food, hanging out.

Power company: Southern California Edison.

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Sylvania (SLI) Luxline Plus T5s behaves like ALTOs during turn-on??? « Reply #2 on: February 14, 2011, 04:10:36 AM » Author: dor123
Dave, i don't remember. I didn't checked the country that the lamps were made.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Sylvania (SLI) Luxline Plus T5s behaves like ALTOs during turn-on??? « Reply #3 on: February 28, 2011, 04:19:48 AM » Author: dor123
Dave, i again went to the office of the hostels, where the Sylvania Luxline Plus HO T5s located, and the T5s are made in Germany.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies