Author Topic: What did you do today NOT lighting wise  (Read 55995 times)
BT25

View Posts
View Gallery

Vintage HID Collector

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #510 on: April 25, 2024, 01:21:34 AM » Author: BT25
I had 2 jeeps that had the 5 speed trannies.  An 89 Cherokee, and an 89 Wrangler.  They were fun but that was when I was younger. Now a days I appreciate the auto trannies.  Now.. If I had a sports car I might enjoy a manual but we'll see.

I'm with you on that...still like stick shifts, even though I don't own any currently. (Getting older stinks. >:( )
(Used to make fun of "granny tranny" cars back in the day...Oldsmobile and Buick especially. :lol: )

First known case of Westinghouse Lifeguard Disease! :lol:
If you can say yes to any of the following, you may have it too: :poof:
Can't resist buying more even if you already have an example in your collection? :lol:
Bank account/CC statement shows unnecessary spending? ::)

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #511 on: April 26, 2024, 03:48:37 PM » Author: suzukir122
Just bought a new strut for my sport car to fix the strut issue I've been facing for the last 3 months. (Two new rear struts) Added to that, I've
got incoming money on the way for an additional car, (this next car will be a non turboed automatic... for my daily usage.) AND, just purchased my
final two Metal Halide wallpacks for the garage. (will be 8 identical MH wallpacks in total)
... sweet.  8)

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #512 on: May 05, 2024, 09:40:23 AM » Author: Rommie
Well this was Friday, not today, but it's still hurting so it counts  :-\
Managed to slip in the rain at the top of a flight of about a dozen steps at Little Venice, and went crash bang OWW..  :poof:

Gashed my leg open and let some of the 'ed 'tuff out, it's ok-ish now, but still yells a lot  :'(

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #513 on: May 05, 2024, 06:18:25 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
 :beacon: Not good Ria !! Did you have to get any stitches ?? Get better soon !!  :cat: :cat: :cat:

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #514 on: May 05, 2024, 06:22:50 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Fortunately it didn't need any stitches, just bandaging up, she'll give a full account of what happened later on.

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #515 on: May 06, 2024, 06:28:08 PM » Author: Rommie
Not much else to say, really. Went crash bang owww down the steps and that was it..! It's slowly getting better, we're back home tomorrow, so a couple of days bed rest with an ice pack will help.

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #516 on: May 06, 2024, 06:33:00 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Using a bag of fruzzed peas is a cheap solution for an ice pack. :wndr:
Of course they're not fit for eating afterwards, but as we don't eat peas we'll be all right... :mrg:

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #517 on: May 07, 2024, 10:56:54 PM » Author: suzukir122
Just spent 5 hours... attempting... to drill out a broken bolt in my rear strut mount of my sport car. Failed miserably.
I've tried right handed drill bits with penetrating oil, left handed drill bits with penetrating oil, several extractors
including the famous "Grabit" extractors. Everything failed, miserably. The Grabit extractor actually slipped out of the
drill.
Either the drill is very weak, or maybe I'm doing something wrong.
And yes, I reversed the drill for the extractors and the left handed drill bits.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies