Author Topic: Strange abandoned street light  (Read 1506 times)
LINKS

View Posts
View Gallery

Strange abandoned street light « on: January 14, 2021, 09:05:39 PM » Author: LINKS
Found this the other day, was a bit of an lol

https://youtu.be/PU4I2hGn2OU
Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: Strange abandoned street light « Reply #1 on: January 14, 2021, 11:03:00 PM » Author: Bulbman256
That is odd! @-@ Where there any others there, and do you have any plans to rescue them? :wndr:

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich, Coaster junkie!

Re: Strange abandoned street light « Reply #2 on: January 15, 2021, 01:29:47 AM » Author: AngryHorse
Wonder if it’s been ‘vigilante re-lamped’, as those tubes seem a little too good?
My first thought was, “how’s it escaped vandalism”?, but even if you saw a solitary light in the middle of a wood, shining at night, you would just assume it was someone’s house?

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

Welcome to OBLIVION

fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Strange abandoned street light « Reply #3 on: January 15, 2021, 02:15:10 AM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
I would assume it's owned by someone, seeing that it's on a metal pole, and is actually taken care of. No doubt vandals would've destroyed the light long ago if it was abandoned.

I would leave that light alone if I were you. Sure, it's a cool light to look at and have, but I'd leave it like that. Not worth getting in trouble with law for something that still works and is on every night. Plus you get to see it lit. :)

At the very least you should ask the owner if you can have it or could swap it for a different light like a LED light and do it the right way.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2021, 02:18:54 AM by fluorescent lover 40 » Logged
LINKS

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Strange abandoned street light « Reply #4 on: January 15, 2021, 01:12:50 PM » Author: LINKS
It’s ok, it’s on park land use to be a track to a table with a roof over it that’s long gone, it’s over 100 meters or more from another Gough GL500 MV witch is on a much higher pole in the car park.
nicksfans

View Posts
View Gallery

Down with lamp bans!

GoL the.baus.of.all.bauses UCDl2EWWZc9h1IZXcfGU9OZA nicksfans
Re: Strange abandoned street light « Reply #5 on: January 24, 2021, 11:11:49 AM » Author: nicksfans
I love this, it's like something out of a dream.

I like my lamps thick, my ballasts heavy, and my fixtures tough.

My Gallery
Instagram
YouTube

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies