Author Topic: My Osram HWL 160W, often wildly flickering  (Read 1812 times)
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

My Osram HWL 160W, often wildly flickering « on: November 24, 2012, 12:07:35 PM » Author: dor123
My Osram HWL 160W SBMV lamp in my room in my father home, often wildly flickering. Sometimes it have a very noticeable visible flickering, sometimes the flickering stop and become invisible.
Why this is happening?

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: My Osram HWL 160W, often wildly flickering « Reply #1 on: November 24, 2012, 12:35:45 PM » Author: Ash
i seen this a lot in reflector mercury lamps in Osram Floraset fixtures. Te oes that flicker are dimmer than the others and greened out

So maybe lamp aging

also try to take the lamp out of the socket, flip it a few times (dont really shake it to not break the filament) and put it back, see if it helps
AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich, Coaster junkie!

Re: My Osram HWL 160W, often wildly flickering « Reply #2 on: November 24, 2012, 04:06:24 PM » Author: AngryHorse
You will get a flickering from the discharge tube, as the arc wanders around the overwinds of the electrodes too.
Could also be voltage fluctuations?

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

Welcome to OBLIVION

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: My Osram HWL 160W, often wildly flickering « Reply #3 on: November 25, 2012, 04:22:55 AM » Author: dor123
The arctube stay in the same position, when the lamp flickers.
Seems to be indeed more of voltage fluctuations.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: My Osram HWL 160W, often wildly flickering « Reply #4 on: November 25, 2012, 10:57:41 AM » Author: Ash
Nope it is lamp. i have a Philips HPL-N 125w from 1989 that is doing the same
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies