Author Topic: A way to make all of your household bulbs last forever  (Read 1089 times)
davidnonledfan

View Posts
View Gallery

A way to make all of your household bulbs last forever « on: February 21, 2022, 08:39:27 PM » Author: davidnonledfan
I came to the realization a while ago that you can recreate your own long lasting centennial bulb if you do these things I am going to list:

1. Don't touch these babies with your bare hands

2. Leave them on as long as possible

3. Do not install them in places with huge vibrations (unless it is a special rated bulb)

4. Last and most important is to buy the incandescent bulbs that are meant for 130v but you are using them at 120v or 110v.

Yes, I got some of these from 1000bulbs site

While LED bulbs (not integrated units) aren't terrible and most are long lasting, I always find 30+ year old Made in USA magnetic ballasted T12 fixtures and lamps so awesome to see running in this day and age where 90% of lighting is now LED. Always fond of all HID lights too such as MV, MH, n HPS.

bulb_tester2009

View Posts
View Gallery

Resolutely crack down on inferior LED lighting!!

GoL
Re: A way to make all of your household bulbs last forever « Reply #1 on: March 01, 2022, 08:16:17 AM » Author: bulb_tester2009
I came to the realization a while ago that you can recreate your own long lasting centennial bulb if you do these things I am going to list:

1. Don't touch these babies with your bare hands

2. Leave them on as long as possible

3. Do not install them in places with huge vibrations (unless it is a special rated bulb)

4. Last and most important is to buy the incandescent bulbs that are meant for 130v but you are using them at 120v or 110v.

Yes, I got some of these from 1000bulbs site
In fact, I think we need to use rated 220-230V incandescent lamps in China, because the rated voltage in China is 200-230V.

I've been collecting light bulbs since I was 2 years old and I've been collecting them ever since.
 :hps::hps::hps:
由于我来自中国,所以英语不精通,大部分内容都是翻译的,所以可能不通顺,请大家谅解
Note:
Bulb base in China:E12(CES) E14(SES) B22d(BC) E27(ES) E40(GES)

davidnonledfan

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: A way to make all of your household bulbs last forever « Reply #2 on: March 01, 2022, 01:28:08 PM » Author: davidnonledfan
Yeah, I mean use higher rated voltage incandescent in lower voltage

While LED bulbs (not integrated units) aren't terrible and most are long lasting, I always find 30+ year old Made in USA magnetic ballasted T12 fixtures and lamps so awesome to see running in this day and age where 90% of lighting is now LED. Always fond of all HID lights too such as MV, MH, n HPS.

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: A way to make all of your household bulbs last forever « Reply #3 on: March 01, 2022, 03:50:09 PM » Author: Medved
If there is still a possibility, better to stack enough bulbs to gave replacements and use them normally. Operating lamps with 30% undervoltage means doubling the already high power for the same light. The energy savings will bring you the money spent on the sufficient stash of spare lamps back.

Of course, if the new lamps become an unobtanium, you have no other choice.

Even with reduced voltage the life won't be more than double the rated one. The thing is, the production became so cheap the tungsten is the limitting factor just barely. So if you remove every 2'nd lamp but use voltage rating corresponding to your mains, the total "lamp consumption rate" will remain the same, but with half the power needed as with using lamps rated 30% higher in voltage.

No more selfballasted c***

davidnonledfan

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: A way to make all of your household bulbs last forever « Reply #4 on: March 24, 2022, 08:29:14 PM » Author: davidnonledfan
Sorry for the late reply, but how is the centennial bulb working so long 24/7? Oh I know! Because it is operated on 120v but the bulb is 130v, and also, the bulb has been also staying on 24/7 in the 121 years it has been working with only about 7 times that it has been off due to power outages.

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: A way to make all of your household bulbs last forever « Reply #5 on: March 25, 2022, 02:41:56 AM » Author: Medved
It is because the manufacturing defect made it to run way colder than it was designed for. The consequence was, it is delivering fraction of the light output it was supposed to with comparable input power. So the users had to spend many times more on the electricity bill for the light they were getting than when using correspondingly lower wattage lamps really running hpw they should even when using few 100's of them over that time.

But the reality is, this bulb, although quality escapee, became a sacre piece, so generating light is not its main purpose anymore...

No more selfballasted c***

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies