Author Topic: Your favorite ebay searches  (Read 1994 times)
tmcdllr

View Posts
View Gallery

Your favorite ebay searches « on: September 03, 2011, 01:45:31 AM » Author: tmcdllr
When looking for lighting stuff on ebay what do you search for most? What do you search for just for the heck of it?

Mine are:

"Mercury Vapor"
"Low Pressure Sodium"
"Floodlight"

Nothing like the beautiful cool white light of a coated Mercury Vapor lamp and the soothing hum of it's magnetic ballast.

sparkie

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your favorite ebay searches « Reply #1 on: September 04, 2011, 12:31:56 PM » Author: sparkie
I usually go into the BO&I Lighting section every night and just select 'time: newly listed', then scroll down until I find the first part which I recognise (from the day before) then go back over what I've just scrolled through.

That way I see everything, not just listings that match what I'm looking for, usually small MH lamps or CFLs. The reason for this is because some of the best lighting bargains on ebay are from those people who don't know what they are talking about, eg: a listing simply titled 'Light Bulbs X 25' with a description that says 'From warehouse clearance, box of 25 Philips brand bulbs code SDW-T50/825, 99p start price for the lot'

The 'bulbs' in this example are actually White SON lamps that cost a fortune! But because the seller doesn't know that, they are just 'light bulbs' to him.
If I was searching for 'White SON' lamps the listing would not appear in the results of course.

The Home&Garden section is a lot more tricky though due to the sheer number of postings each day which would take a lot of time to scroll through so I usually go with long winded search strings such as: "(CMH, CDM, HQI, Metal Halide, PL, Fluorescent, TC) -Halogen -GU10 -LED " this usually gives me what I want and leaves out the tons of domestic rubbish such as GU10 halogen lamps or Chinese LED bulbs.
paintballer22

View Posts
View Gallery

120V/240V 60hz

Re: Your favorite ebay searches « Reply #2 on: September 04, 2011, 06:00:44 PM » Author: paintballer22
Mercury Vapor
Vintage fluorescent
Fluorescent ballast
Old light bulb
joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Your favorite ebay searches « Reply #3 on: September 04, 2011, 07:20:35 PM » Author: joseph_125
Mine are:

Mercury Lamp
Mercury Ballast
Rapid Start Ballast
Preheat Ballast
Street Light (in Business/Industrial and Collectibles)
Streetlight (in Business/Industrial and Collectibles)
Westinghouse Mercury
Sylvania Mercury
GE Mercury
Traffic Light
Traffic Light Lens
Vintage Fluorescent
Fluorescent (in Collectibles)
DieselNut

View Posts
View Gallery

John

jonathon.graves johng917 GeorgiaJohn
Re: Your favorite ebay searches « Reply #4 on: September 06, 2011, 10:35:07 AM » Author: DieselNut
"vintage fluorescent"
"vintage florescent"
"art deco fluorescent"
"preheat fluorescent"
"old fluorescent"
"antique fluorescent"

Preheat Fluorescents forever!
I love diesel engines, rural/farm life and vintage lighting!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies