Author Topic: How Did You Find The Lighting-Gallery?  (Read 9961 times)
paintballer22

View Posts
View Gallery

120V/240V 60hz

Re: How Did You Find The Lighting-Gallery? « Reply #30 on: September 04, 2011, 06:13:08 PM » Author: paintballer22
I was looking for mercury vapor lights and preheat fluorescents on google and found this site and loved it so I signed up on that day.
Brisluminous
Re: How Did You Find The Lighting-Gallery? « Reply #31 on: July 26, 2012, 10:41:12 PM » Author: Brisluminous
I was looking for a specific type of globe, and discovered it that way. Lurked for a year or so before joining.
Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: How Did You Find The Lighting-Gallery? « Reply #32 on: July 28, 2012, 12:58:30 PM » Author: Ash
I was researching for lighting for a roleplay prop that i was planning to build (that one never went on to making however) using Google Images. I found out that there is actually a website about lighting and joined immediately

Shortly after i found out that there is a single member from Israel, namely Dor123, and that there is so little he tells aboul lighting in Israel and i can add so much more, thats when my boom of submissions to the site started

Brisluminous
Re: How Did You Find The Lighting-Gallery? « Reply #33 on: July 29, 2012, 06:08:54 AM » Author: Brisluminous
I'm sure he will thank you for that glowing endorsement.

There's room for everyone here, regardless of whether they can pass on useful information or not.

We are all enthusiasts. My posts and galleries need correcting regularly as well, and I rely on other members, including the person you mentioned to set me straight when I get it wrong.

I would ask that you do not bag other members in this way. It's extremely insensitive of you.

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: How Did You Find The Lighting-Gallery? « Reply #34 on: July 29, 2012, 10:26:50 AM » Author: Ash
There are no other Israeli members here other than Dor and me. So there is no one else who can complete the blanks on local lighting

I did my research on loca lighting for several years before joining here. I can assume that Dor can't find out a lot of what i found because he does not have one important resource - a collection. And it is his choice, and not fault, to not have one

Therefore if i figured something by means of my collection, Dor probably can't figure it out because he does not have one. Therefore i targeted a lot of Dor's posts to complete whatever i can. Would it be beter if i did not intervent ? Or was this intervention so insensitive that i should keep it secret ?
DaveMan

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: How Did You Find The Lighting-Gallery? « Reply #35 on: July 30, 2012, 03:42:06 AM » Author: DaveMan
Ash, please don't compare yourself to other members and say that you're better in forum posts on here. Whether or not you like his uploads, all members who post pictures and descriptions or forum posts about fixtures are contributing in some way, shape or form and it is those contributions as a whole that help make this site a wonderful marketplace for lighting knowledge. Everyone is welcome to share what they have and all of it helps enrich this site and make it what it is.

David L.
Administrator, Lighting-Gallery.net

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: How Did You Find The Lighting-Gallery? « Reply #36 on: July 30, 2012, 10:34:58 AM » Author: Ash
I can post comments anywhere i see right (for the picture in the gallery). It is not expected that i'd share the considerations of why exactly i decided to comment to this picture but not another. Those considerations are normally private and i can think whatever i want, i am not supposed to be compliant to any politic standards. Yet i shared it assuming that there is nothing inherently evil in them

Now stop and ask yourself do you comment just to any random picture ? Or you look for ones where you can add the most ? If by some reson most of the places where you decide to add, consistently belong to the same user, won't you think that it's this one user who you can give more information to ? perhaps go look where you can give more to him ? should you refrain from commenting to him again just to not bump up the unfair statistics ? Remind you, those trying to be politically correct and to make statistcs look right are the ones making bans and outraging regulations. They do it INSTEAD of simply looking around and trying to give their part in what they see incomplete. Perhaps we should not be politicians ?

I am not thinking i am better than others. I dont want to appear like this because i dont. So yes i said what my private considerations are. And yes my choices are based on what i know about other ways how this information can get to the gallery, which are none. So i assumed that i better share than keep it to myself, and didnt even think that there are expectations for politics

If this assumption is wrong i can stop sharing or posting. I can also stop posting stuff other than LEDs and T5s because anything else is not energy efficient so it should be banned and anything posted about it is inaproppriate. Just ask for it

DaveMan

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: How Did You Find The Lighting-Gallery? « Reply #37 on: July 31, 2012, 03:52:04 AM » Author: DaveMan
Ash. I never said you couldn't post comments. Your pictures, comments and posts have been informative, insightful and enriching to the lighting community. The part I was addressing in particular was this sentence: "Dor123, and that there is so little he tells aboul lighting in Israel and i can add so much more." Truth be told, I didn't know whether or not I should intervene but it did catch my attention because such posts have the potential to lead to fights between members sometimes and I'd rather not be in a position to police the board. I comment on pictures where I think I have some useful information to add to the picture. Given your description of that, I may have misunderstood the intent of your statement, and if that is the case then I apologize for butting in.

David L.
Administrator, Lighting-Gallery.net

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: How Did You Find The Lighting-Gallery? « Reply #38 on: July 31, 2012, 10:33:45 AM » Author: Ash
I see it now
slipperypete

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: How Did You Find The Lighting-Gallery? « Reply #39 on: August 03, 2012, 01:22:37 AM » Author: slipperypete
I found this site on Google images while looking at pics of old mercury vapor lights.

Bulb bans = Fascism

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich, Coaster junkie!

Re: How Did You Find The Lighting-Gallery? « Reply #40 on: August 05, 2012, 04:17:55 PM » Author: AngryHorse
I found LG in a link from James site LAMPTECH, just goes to show how inportant links are in other sites.
I did find a lighting forum about a year before I joined LG, but it was total rubbish rattling on about PIR halogen lights and domestic stuff in neary all the posts!

I wanted discharge, fluorescent and streetlighting, and whats best about LG, you get all these from all over the world.

For years US streetlighting was a mistery to those of us in the UK with that interest but its all on here, lamp type, wattages and lantern information and has been so interesting to read. ;)

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

Welcome to OBLIVION

Brisluminous
Re: How Did You Find The Lighting-Gallery? « Reply #41 on: August 06, 2012, 07:07:44 AM » Author: Brisluminous
Well said Rich  :)
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies