Author Topic: Hope someone here gets these!  (Read 3109 times)
DieselNut

View Posts
View Gallery

John

jonathon.graves johng917 GeorgiaJohn
Hope someone here gets these! « on: May 05, 2010, 09:02:23 PM » Author: DieselNut
These and two other sets are for sale on E-bay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/6-VINTAGE-WESTINGHOUSE-FLUORESCENT-LAMPS-MIXED-LOT-/260594354883?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3caca24ac3

I bid on them but really want to get F40s.  Someone here needs to score these and the other two sets from the same seller!

Preheat Fluorescents forever!
I love diesel engines, rural/farm life and vintage lighting!

vintagefluorescent

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Hope someone here gets these! « Reply #1 on: May 05, 2010, 10:56:18 PM » Author: vintagefluorescent
Keep in mind bidder 1054 is tough to go against , So you will have to step up to the plate if you want them.

He is a serious bulb collector & no, Its not me.

http://cgi.ebay.com/6-VINTAGE-WESTINGHOUSE-FLUORESCENT-LAMPS-MIXED-LOT-/260594354883?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3caca24ac3

I bid on them but really want to get F40s.  Someone here needs to score these and the other two sets from the same seller!
DieselNut

View Posts
View Gallery

John

Re: Hope someone here gets these! « Reply #2 on: May 06, 2010, 08:53:57 AM » Author: DieselNut
Is he a LG member?

Keep in mind bidder 1054 is tough to go against , So you will have to step up to the plate if you want them.

vintagefluorescent

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Hope someone here gets these! « Reply #3 on: May 06, 2010, 06:55:06 PM » Author: vintagefluorescent

John,

I think he might be in the u.k. Just don`t know for sure, Last weekend we locked horns on a pair of 1940 or 41 G-E Brass end capped Mazda Fluorescent bulbs -They were 30 watt bulbs.

The tip off in his question was If or not these bulbs were compatible with 120 - 240 volt circuits whitch I thought was kinda odd.

Anyway I won the auction but payed dearly.

I did win one of the auctions today , Not the one with the early Mazda`s just the middle price fluorescent westy group , The one with the day lights. 

Not happy about the high prices but, If more sellers see what these early fluorescent bulbs are fetching hopefully they will start keeping an eye out for them while there out junkin.

Whitch will increase our chances of scoring some early F40T12`s & F100T17`s

Is he a LG member?

DimBulb

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Hope someone here gets these! « Reply #4 on: May 07, 2010, 12:41:55 AM » Author: DimBulb
WOW!! That's insane!!! I got a couple of lots from this seller for around $15 several months ago.

My very first word was LIGHT!

DieselNut

View Posts
View Gallery

John

Re: Hope someone here gets these! « Reply #5 on: May 07, 2010, 10:41:09 AM » Author: DieselNut
@vintage. Glad you scored the set with the daylights!  I bid on all three but that was the set I really wanted.  I just am not as crazy about the smaller lamps, as 95% of my fixture collection is F40.  I am glad to see you win those.  You have a good point about people noticing stuff they would otherwise have considered trash, then selling it.  Yea, I would love to score some vintage F40s and F90T17s too!  And some art deco fixtures!

Miles

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Hope someone here gets these! « Reply #6 on: May 09, 2010, 03:21:32 AM » Author: Miles
I was trying to bid on those but when the bid got higher that 20 bucks, I backed off.. There's the shipping cost to consider as well. But yes, $90 for glass and brass that's crazy.
vintagefluorescent

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Hope someone here gets these! « Reply #7 on: May 10, 2010, 04:52:49 AM » Author: vintagefluorescent
I agree, I remember when you could get this stuff for free or pennies on the dollar, Not anymore .

Also, You have an increasing number of fluorescent light collectors now, Whitch is a good thing.

Most of these fluorescent collectors are still not aware of L-G  .

I was trying to bid on those but when the bid got higher that 20 bucks, I backed off.. There's the shipping cost to consider as well. But yes, $90 for glass and brass that's crazy.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies