Author Topic: Severe weather never sleeps!  (Read 197652 times)
CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #255 on: November 20, 2019, 05:43:04 PM » Author: CEB1993
Alright, whether we like it or not we all know winter is coming  :'( Take in your vintage Bulbs,Lamps,Street Lights and other valuable lighting. Everyone down south you are lucky you don’t have to do this now, but beware of hurricanes in the in Spring, Summer, and fall.

I enjoy the cold weather and I love it when it snows as long as I don't need to drive anywhere.  Where I live, winters aren't too severe and we usually get one small snow per year, usually in January or February.  After such a hot summer, even for South Carolina standards, I'm ready for some cool weather.  Surprisingly, we didn't get any rain or wind from incoming hurricanes this summer or early fall.  I sealed up my windows with Frost King foam and took out my window box A/C to make my room a draft free zone, ready for the cold air  :)  I'm also going to try out a Philips 125 watt BR40 heat lamp to take the chill out of the air in my house.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2019, 05:44:38 PM by CEB1993 » Logged

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #256 on: November 20, 2019, 07:55:10 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
I enjoy the cold weather and I love it when it snows as long as I don't need to drive anywhere.  Where I live, winters aren't too severe and we usually get one small snow per year, usually in January or February.  After such a hot summer, even for South Carolina standards, I'm ready for some cool weather.  Surprisingly, we didn't get any rain or wind from incoming hurricanes this summer or early fall.  I sealed up my windows with Frost King foam and took out my window box A/C to make my room a draft free zone, ready for the cold air  :)  I'm also going to try out a Philips 125 watt BR40 heat lamp to take the chill out of the air in my house.
Good Idea!

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

Metal Halide Boy

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #257 on: November 21, 2019, 08:41:35 AM » Author: Metal Halide Boy
We rarely have more then 2 inches of snow here, a few days a year. My lights are all ready for the winter, thogh I do not think the CFL`s will ever like the cold!
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #258 on: November 21, 2019, 11:04:49 AM » Author: suzukir122
I can't successfully put it into words how much I hate winter weather, as well as the cold. I highly despise it.
As of now, just 9 more days until I move into my new apartment. My friend/coworker was going to help me move my
bike into my new apartment/garage. (I'd ride my bike, and he would follow with my bike supplies in his Mazda Miata)
That no longer can happen because rain began earlier than expected today, and is followed by cold air, and possible winter weather
on Friday and Saturday.
I have no heated gear, so I can't ride in cold weather. Luckily, for Monday they claim it should be 50 degrees and sunny.
That's the only nice day until rain moves in for Tuesday, followed by more cold air.
Yeahhh... no. Not a fan of winter, at all.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #259 on: November 21, 2019, 11:16:30 AM » Author: Rommie
Yeahhh... no. Not a fan of winter, at all.
Same here, sometimes I wish I lived in southern California..! We have friends in San Diego, would love to be there right about now. ;D

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #260 on: November 27, 2019, 10:30:25 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
At this time of year we lose the light just after 4 in the afternoon, and we are reluctant to go out when it gets dark.  :(

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #261 on: November 27, 2019, 11:02:40 AM » Author: suzukir122
Thanks to winter, I'm making all kinds of gains. All kinds.

The only problem is, it's not muscle gains. It's fat gains. I'm slower, and much lazier during
winter. Haven't worked out since 4 weeks ago and I can already see my face has gotten a little pudgier.
This isn't the first time this has happened, so, mark my words. When next year rolls around I will be
back physically fit again.
Moving to another apartment definitely isn't helping things right now for me either.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #262 on: November 30, 2019, 10:18:18 AM » Author: CreeRSW207
At this time of year we lose the light just after 4 in the afternoon, and we are reluctant to go out when it gets dark.  :(
I hardly ever lose power even though trees are all over the wires...weird.

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich, Coaster junkie!

Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #263 on: November 30, 2019, 10:22:59 AM » Author: AngryHorse
I just love winter, no bugs, no hay fever, no stupid hot sticky days and nights, just pure fresh winter air! ;)
Here’s our dog Ash rolling in the frost at 7 o’clock this morning lol!

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

Welcome to OBLIVION

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #264 on: November 30, 2019, 10:36:47 AM » Author: CreeRSW207
I just love winter, no bugs, no hay fever, no stupid hot sticky days and nights, just pure fresh winter air! ;)

I'm with you on the no bugs part. My favorite season is fall, not too hot or too cold, bugs start to go away.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #265 on: November 30, 2019, 11:09:42 AM » Author: Rommie
I hardly ever lose power even though trees are all over the wires...weird.
As we're very close to the city centre, all the power feeds here are underground, we don't have overhead power lines to residential property except in rural areas.

Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #266 on: November 30, 2019, 11:11:50 AM » Author: Rommie

I'm not sure who is the daftest, your pooch for rolling about at silly o'clock in the morning, or you for being up at that time to take the picture  ;D :P :D

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich, Coaster junkie!

Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #267 on: November 30, 2019, 11:31:11 AM » Author: AngryHorse
 ;D lol, I like my early mornings, I like the peace and quiet, I rarely lie in, get a pounding headache if I do!

Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

Welcome to OBLIVION

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich, Coaster junkie!

Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #268 on: November 30, 2019, 11:39:57 AM » Author: AngryHorse
I'm with you on the no bugs part. My favorite season is fall, not too hot or too cold, bugs start to go away.
Yeah, the fall, more commonly known as just autumn in the UK, is an awesome season  ;D, I used to love walking home from school through all the falling leaves, and the smell of wood burning fires from the houses, with all the street lighting coming on early as a kid ;) , it always reminded me winter was coming!

Welcome to OBLIVION

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #269 on: November 30, 2019, 11:43:42 AM » Author: Rommie
;D lol, I like my early mornings, I like the peace and quiet, I rarely lie in, get a pounding headache if I do!
I'm completely the opposite, I find my most peaceful moments are just before going to sleep or if I wake up during the night. I always have trouble getting back to sleep afterwards, so sometimes I'll go and sit on the sofa for a while and maybe read a chapter of whatever book I'm currently in the middle of. We're right in the city centre, so there's always a certain amount of traffic noise, but it's the most peaceful time of day.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies