Author Topic: One HUNDRED SOX 18watt Wallpacks on eBay, NOS Lithonia Preheat 20w Striplights  (Read 1541 times)
MikeT1982

View Posts
View Gallery

One HUNDRED SOX 18watt Wallpacks on eBay, NOS Lithonia Preheat 20w Striplights « on: March 22, 2013, 08:01:39 PM » Author: MikeT1982
Hey guys i just wanted to post a heads up of two rare and interesting searches I do often and it is the first in a LONG time I have seen such things show up.  I did an eBay search the other day for "Low Pressure Sodium" and usually this just results in bulbs but I couldn't believe it, two auctions of American Electric LPS 18 watt wall packs showed up stating over 100 available!!! Wholly shoot! I always wanted one since my childhood fascination with the Phillips Mini-SOX wall pack that I saved allowance for and quit early purchasing a 35watt HPS Electripak Wallpack which i still own for over 20 years :-) anyways I don't have the $100 to spare now but maybe I will try to save for one :-).  Here's the link guys! -

http://www.ebay.com/itm/18-WATT-LOW-PRESSURE-SODIUM-LIGHT-FIXTURE-ES2-18LPS-NEW-IN-BOX-/300876266837?redirect=mobile&nma=true&si=bL2HuCJACXOIbsrQRzxKPGGcMWI%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Also...on Amazon, if you search "Lithonia SPF120PH" and choose to purchase one from "Tools Hardware" you WILL get a NOS Lithonia Preheat 20 watt striplight!!  I did this and got one finally and said I'd come back on here to let you guys know, so it's good to go!! Unfortunately they only have 20 watters though, but they DO have a plastic white starter and little white Lithonia preheat ballasts in them!  I haven't gotten to wire it up yet but will with the 24" Power Twist that "adopted grandmother" figure lady from the old saltwater store I have stayed in touch with since childhood saved for me.  It's a Duro Test Power Twist bulb.  I plan to add a nice black grounded cord and a metal toggle switch! :-). I am waiting for some projects to be done so I can relax and do it, and will post pics when I do!  A question, these American Electric 18 watt LPS wall packs, how does the quality and design compare to the Philips Mini-SOX 18watt Wallpacks I wanted in childhood? Thanks! :-)

EDIT- Oh crap, I just thought to myself that possibly I had better check the forum rules as I posted a link.  The auction is over so I'm not sure if that's okay. I am very sorry if I did break the rules, I meant it to allow people here interested to contact the fella as I know how rare these are.  I may not be on here till tomorrow night again so if I am breaking a rule I am deeply sorry, please remove link or assign me to do it which I gladly will.  I don't want to cross anyone here especially the moderators, I greatly appreciate this forum and will respect all rules.  I just couldn't believe this fella has a hundred new LPS Wallpacks.  His name on eBay is -  bd00018.  If you google "bd00018 eBay" it will do as it will for any member, take you right to a page where you can contact him through eBay message system.  I hope to scrounge up enough cash for one! I have always wanted one and am curious as to how it would compare to the old mini sox by Philips I used to want! :-)
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 01:53:47 AM by MikeT1982 » Logged
Pandariffic

View Posts
View Gallery

Goal: Light Design, Old Fixtures, Light Quality...

Re: One HUNDRED SOX 18watt Wallpacks on eBay, NOS Lithonia Preheat 20w Striplights « Reply #1 on: January 15, 2021, 12:13:04 PM » Author: Pandariffic
is this seller still selling?

Luminaries are beautiful.
Health benefits like incandescent. Dangers like LED
Proud my town is all HPS.

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: One HUNDRED SOX 18watt Wallpacks on eBay, NOS Lithonia Preheat 20w Striplights « Reply #2 on: January 15, 2021, 12:32:24 PM » Author: Bulbman256
This should be in web finds. :P

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies