Author Topic: Loudest light fixture you've ever heard  (Read 2281 times)
Michael

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Loudest light fixture you've ever heard « Reply #15 on: January 01, 2021, 10:18:54 AM » Author: Michael
There was a fluorescent street light installed in our town having two 20W tubes in it. It did buzz very loud that one could hear it by walking underneath of it. The ballast was a two lamp resonant start type and it was not screwed properly onto the gear tray and additionally it was having an issue with loose iron core.
LAllenLighting

View Posts
View Gallery

Better Dead than LED!

lucas.allen.12979
Re: Loudest light fixture you've ever heard « Reply #16 on: January 08, 2021, 04:42:53 PM » Author: LAllenLighting
Hmm... probably the 2x 36w fitting that used to be in my uncle's kitchen, or a few of the 4x18w fittings at my old school. There's a mercury street lantern near me that's loud too, and once I heard a really really loud wallpack on a school building... it appeared off too!
sol

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Loudest light fixture you've ever heard « Reply #17 on: January 08, 2021, 04:53:44 PM » Author: sol
[...] and once I heard a really really loud wallpack on a school building... it appeared off too!

I've seen (heard) that, too. I believe it might be the ignitor pulsing continuously that is making more noise than the ballast would. The ones I saw (heard) were older HPS and I believe they didn't have "smart" ignitors with a timeout.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies