Author Topic: Chinese EYE mercury lamps?  (Read 689 times)
Maxim

View Posts
View Gallery

Stop replacing fixtures that can be retrofitted.

Re: Chinese EYE mercury lamps? « Reply #15 on: May 07, 2024, 10:04:24 PM » Author: Maxim
I'd be more than willing to actually purchase from you. I've done numerous trades and purchases with Patrick, Tim (beatoven), and other members.  ;D

Collector of all kinds of lamps, gear, and fixtures.
My favorite lighting technologies at the moment are incandescent and mercury vapor, and my favorite Big 3 lighting brand of the late 20th century is GTE Sylvania.

About that Westinghouse Lifeguard disease, I think I've caught it. Thanks Eric! 8)

BT25

View Posts
View Gallery

Vintage HID Collector

Re: Chinese EYE mercury lamps? « Reply #16 on: May 07, 2024, 11:13:39 PM » Author: BT25
I may post some items here again...or not. I may also try eBay again... ::)
Another beef is that other LG members think I should give stuff away...  >:(

First known case of Westinghouse Lifeguard Disease! :lol:
If you can say yes to any of the following, you may have it too: :poof:
Can't resist buying more even if you already have an example in your collection? :lol:
Bank account/CC statement shows unnecessary spending? ::)

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: Chinese EYE mercury lamps? « Reply #17 on: May 09, 2024, 05:03:56 AM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Sometimes, there is a risk that selling lamps on eBay might mean that the lamps may end up getting sold to an electrician looking for a replacement lamp and may end up putting one of those lamps into long term use. For example, they might use a /W mercury vapor lamp and think that it is just any common phosphor coated mercury vapor lamp and install it into a fixture and put it into everyday use.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Chinese EYE mercury lamps? « Reply #18 on: May 09, 2024, 08:36:48 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Better that than to have to recycle the lamp.  :wndr:
Lamps were made to be litted.  :bulbman:

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Chinese EYE mercury lamps? « Reply #19 on: May 11, 2024, 09:21:52 AM » Author: wide-lite 1000
 We lighting collectors are a extremely small minority compared to the rest of the world ! 95% or the world couldn't give a damn how old or rare a particular lamp is . They just want something that'll light up in the fixture they bought it for , no more , no less !

@ BT25 :  I've gone thru exactly the same thing ! I typically gave away unwanted lamps/fixtures/gear and only asked for the cost of shipping . After PayPal takes their cut , I lose money ! I currently have close to a DOZEN boxes sitting here because someone wanted a quote for shipping and I went thru the effort to box up the item and go in the opposite direction of my house after work to get a quote from the post office only to hear "I can't afford it right now" or "I'll let you know" 
« Last Edit: May 11, 2024, 09:30:32 AM by wide-lite 1000 » Logged

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Chinese EYE mercury lamps? « Reply #20 on: May 11, 2024, 09:30:55 AM » Author: joseph_125
Better than getting thrown out I suppose. I think most of the rarer MV types are now sold at collector prices anyway now so someone looking for a new yard light lamp will probably buy the cheaper lamps anyway.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies